Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Thai horror movies 18+ so why are kids there?

I love going to the cinema and i like for some reason Asian horror movies! im not sure why because they are so gross and violent at times, maybe its the moral of the story they put across in the thai horrors i like the most, basically you do bad then karma will get you in the end,

But my gripe was when i watched my lasted thai horror sorry cant remember the whole name, and the ticket stub only says Tailom_es?ah english name is the snow white, it has a picture of a woman in a nurses uniform on the poster! now im not going to review this movie as i thought it was really sick and covered some appalling things like sex with dead bodies and making spells from a dead baby fetus! enough said!

My point is this movies is 18+ and is plastered over the poster, so why were they kids around 12 watching this film, i guess there about that age as they keep moving from front row to back row seats, and talking all through the movie! i complained after,
    the manager said to me they are students and this is holiday period! she gave 2 free ticket passes for another show of which i did not use but i just wanted to make my point, is this normal in Asia, as im sure its not back home in the uk, just wanted to here other peoples views on this, cheers ian

Thanks

Re: Thai horror movies 18+ so why are kids there?

Give me the free tickets
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks

I watched Piranha 3D recently and just right in front of me were couple of 8-10 yrs old little girls with their parents and ralatives. I guess the parents feel it must be fun for their little girls to see fishes devouring people in the river or maybe they can scare their children to venturing into the waters by themselves. I'm imaging how they are going to explain to their little girls how these farange ladies have so big boobs after the show.
    My point is this movies is 18+ and is plastered over the poster, so why were they kids around 12 watching this film, i guess there about that age as they keep moving from front row to back row seats, and talking all through the movie! i complained after,
    the manager said to me they are students and this is holiday period! she gave 2 free ticket passes for another show of which i did not use but i just wanted to make my point, is this normal in Asia, as im sure its not back home in the uk, just wanted to here other peoples views on this, cheers ian
    No, I don't think it is normal in Asia but only countries in the developing or 3rd World Countries. You won't see underage patrons in countries like Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore.

That being said, maybe I'll do what you did and hopefully I'll get free tickets next time too.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

How about the opposite idea? We went to Harry Potter with our ten year olds and vicious Sorority Row came on without warning. We were expecting a little quidditch and got a tire iron through the heart instead. The kids are still terrified of previews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian71 View Post
    My point is this movies is 18+ and is plastered over the poster, so why were they kids around 12 watching this film,
    This doesn't concern Thailand. Similarly, children ride motorbikes without licenses and drink without being caught or buy cigarettes without IDs.

L

Thanks

>> it has a picture of a woman in a nurses uniform on the poster!

Maybe it is Sick Nurses (สวยลากไส้) - 2007

Thanks

This is the Movie with the Nurse Uniform

http://www.thaicinema.org/kits256taythangklom.asp
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    This doesn't concern Thailand. Similarly, children ride motorbikes without licenses and drink without being caught or buy cigarettes without IDs.

L
    There's no money in busting kids!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian71 View Post
    I love going to the cinema and i like for some reason Asian horror movies! im not sure why because they are so gross and violent at times, maybe its the moral of the story they put across in the thai horrors i like the most, basically you do bad then karma will get you in the end,

But my gripe was when i watched my lasted thai horror sorry cant remember the whole name, and the ticket stub only says Tailom_es?ah english name is the snow white, it has a picture of a woman in a nurses uniform on the poster! now im not going to review this movie as i thought it was really sick and covered some appalling things like sex with dead bodies and making spells from a dead baby fetus! enough said!

No, it not just the Thais. here in California the kids would buy tickets to G rated movie and sneaked into an R rated movie, nobody really paying attention certainly not the theater workers.

Thanks

When I grew up (i'm 20-ish) it was the event of the week to bring a mat to the temple and watch the movie of the week and order some snack to eat to the food. Horrors were quite common. Lots of gores and lots of som tam!

It was a family thing and there were kids as well as elderly ppl, though I doubt the movies would had been considered as "appropriate" for children. I still remember that scene where the crazy lady cut a guy's "thingy" off and everybody laughed.

Thais seem to have some special love for "gore-movies" and since my generation grew up with it I doubt we're in a position to say that it's not appropriate for kids to watch that kind of movies...

And as far as age limit goes, money talks and if kids want to pay then they can watch it I suppose.

Thread Information