Thanks

Requirements for US citizen to enter Laos

You must have both a passport and visa to enter Laos; your passport must also have at least six months validity remaining. You can get a visa on arrival in Laos if you are traveling for tourism, have two passport-size photographs and pay $35. Is the 2 passport size pictures a must? All the different post I have read no one has ever mentioned this.
    http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...y_requirements

Thanks

Re: Requirements for US citizen to enter Laos

Lat visit they asked for the photos, I didn't have them, they just let it go. I went in at Pakse, all they seemed to care about was collecting the 20 baht bribe everyone has to pay them to pass immigration.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWilding View Post
    Lat visit they asked for the photos, I didn't have them, they just let it go. I went in at Pakse, all they seemed to care about was collecting the 20 baht bribe everyone has to pay them to pass immigration.
    Thank you, I will get them done while I am in Ubon.

Thanks

That was my plan and the reason I didn't have them.

There's only a couple of shops that do them, both in midtown outside the Uni. They open late morning and have around two hours processing time.

Thanks

That was my plan and the reason I didn't have them.

There's only a couple of shops that do them, both in midtown outside the Uni. They open late morning and have around two hours processing time.
    Wow. thanks for the heads up. I just assumed I could go to any photoshop like Bangkok and get them done. I will check with my wife before my next vacation and have her find me a location. Or maybe I will just get them done in Bangkok before we fly back to Ubon.

Thanks

The trick I use now instead of going to those photo machines and getting 4 crappy faded passport photos, paying around £4 for the scam.

I take my own picture with a digital camera. Stick it on the computer and in photoshop crop it to passport size. Create a 5 x 7 page and make 2 lines of 4 of these photos on it. Save it as a Jpeg on a USB. Go to Asda (local supermarket with digital photo printing machine) and print the photo on the USB, forget the price but around 50p (8 photos for 50p) not bad huh?.
    Last edited by PaulWilding; 16-10-10 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks

The trick I use now instead of going to those photo machines and getting 4 crappy faded passport photos, paying around £4 for the scam.

I take my own picture with a digital camera. Stick it on the computer and in photoshop crop it to passport size. Create a 5 x 7 page and make 2 lines of 4 of these photos on it. Save it as a Jpeg on a USB. Go to Asda (local supermarket with digital photo printing machine) and print the photo on the USB, forget the price but around 50p (8 photos for 50p) not bad huh?.
    That is a great tip. I will try this one and see how it comes out.

Thread Information