Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    I am taking a group of five to Thailand this summer for missions where we will be doing various things. One thing I would love to do is be able to share songs in Thai with the group. If you know where I can get mp3s and/or lyrics with guitar chords, that would help... let me know and much appreciated...

Thanks
    I want to know too, so I can share it with my youth group... Wow, it will be awesome if anyone can help us. We only know Lao worship song, it will be very great if anyone do have Thai Christian song. I just remember, I was at a Hmong church 3 weeks ago, and one of the member had when to Thailand to were the Hmong church is located. Anyway, they were showing clips of his trip, and if I remember correctly, he also video tape a very short clips of people singing Thai Christian song. Maybe you can find some churches in Thailand that will have that available.

rkkim, if you are interested in Lao worship song maybe I can help, but I don't know any Thai worship song. I'm really excited about this.

Thanks
    There was a Chrisitian group a few years back called The Family who sang songs and did other stuff. Not sure if their songs are still available. I will check it out

Thanks
    Their web site is http://thaifamily.org.

Jonas is probably the most famous

Thanks
    Thank you, Sawatdee for the link.

I came upon an interesting site for Thai Christian Penpals http://www.thaimission.com/ Maybe you can asked some people if they know any lyrics. Good luck

Thanks
    I wish that Christians would go to Thailand to learn about Buddhism and not to "witness." It makes me really sad for you.

Leave your preconceptions at home and leave your witnessing at home. It will do you a lot of good and make your heart so much happier. Then you can return home to where you came from and be a better Christian and a better person.

Thanks
    your name remind me of my favorite accounting teacher in my high school, how funny. Are you him?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Leave your preconceptions at home and leave your witnessing at home
    whoa, you should learn to be more open. Going to Thailand, we do not force any belief, we share. We will respect the person if they do not want to hear about the one true God. We also are willing to learn about Buddhism, we don't close ourselve to learning about Buddhism. Because if we truely believe in God, then we shouldn't be afraid that learning about another religion will change our mind. Instead, it should strengthen our belief. Several of my relative is Buddish, and some are monk. When they come to visit, I show them my utmost respect just as I show my other guess, and I know what I am allow to do and not...including not touching, and I respect their belief, and they respect my. I don't force my belief either, and they do not force their, we just share. Beside, if everyone 'leave' their belief at 'home' then can you see how 'close' we will be? close to other religion, cultures, etc. Because not everyone have the chance to go to other countries to witness first hand about other religion. *don't apply to everyone

Thanks
    Dear Khan,
    I agree with you totally. Very well said. I have in-laws that are Buddhist and some are monks. God bless.

Thanks
    The different between a Christian and a nonChristian is that a Christian is somebody who has asked Jesus to come into his/her lives. The word Jesus means CHRIST-IN.

Does a Christan makes mistake? Yes, and we all do make mistake in life. Christian or nonChristian, God loves us all equally.

God Bless,
    Jec

Thanks
    I respect all the above comments and, especially, the gentleness of their voice. I will leave the last comments to others, but I stand by my own words. I am married to a Thai woman for many years. Her family respects and cares for me and I respect and love them. I think that Buddhists in general have the healthiest attitude towards life I have ever "witnessed." (sorry, bad pun)

However, I also think that Buddhists go way too far in their service and tolerance of the ideas and cultures of others. How far is too far? Too far is when your health and happiness and values become sacrificed to the goals of others.

If your Christian friends do not try to convert you then you must have good Christian friends who will also understand where I am coming from. Unfortunately, they also must admit to you that it is part of their faith to try to convert you. This is part of the being "in Christ," mentioned above. I love Jesus. It's what Christianity and Christians makes of him that is so open to question.

Thread Information