PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: On holiday in Burma.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

On holiday in Burma.

Hello,

I thought i would just post my progress regarding my first trip to Burma. It is now one week since i was in Thailand and now i am presently in Inya in Burma.It is an absolutely stunning place, i have had a couple of trips on Inya lake and today i was visiting a Temple there with an estimated 350 Pagodas there! Each one had a bell on it and the gentle ringing in the wind from all these was mesmerizing. Everyone has been so kind here since my arrival in Rangoon. I did have a bit of a funny experience there though, i visited the zoo one day..( I would recommend that). But on exiting i counted 47 various types of army vehicles. Very strange as i do not think it is a particularly a sensitive area. I saw no problems but did get told to put away my camera, further on down the road there where about another 20 or so police/ army and a couple of ambulances.Well, i leave for Mandalay in 2 days time and up to now i have taken about 1000 pictures. I expect to throw lots away, but i do hope i have some good ones to keep.I thought i would just make a post because i cannot get into the chatroom.The internet here is ancient.Well, i hope everyone had a lovely Loy Krathong,i was at a Temple in Bangkok, it was beautiful. Anyway,bye for now and i will report and post with photographs ( Hopefully) upon my return.

bye,

Billy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Susana (28-11-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Re: On holiday in Burma.

Looking forward to your photo's Billy.....
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Hi, Billy,

Good to know you arrived safe and sound and are having a ball. Take care!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

Billy, so happy to hear you are enjoying it.
    the forum was down for most part of 2 days and the chatroom hardly ever works. for once, it is NOT a problem in Burma....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    Billy, so happy to hear you are enjoying it.
    the forum was down for most part of 2 days and the chatroom hardly ever works. for once, it is NOT a problem in Burma....
    Billy visited TCB while he was in Thailand. And as far as I know, TCB has not been down since then. It could be Burma?

Thanks

maybe you are lucky but the forum and the chatroom haven't worked for me for more than a day. Sved confirmed the same in mail.
    maybe it is Chiang Mai. or London.
    sorry, could you please cut out this response after reading it? don't want to mess up Billy's post about Burma.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Enjoy your trip; bet it be fun...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Thanks Everyone,

Just another update, i leave Mandalay tomorrow morning flying with Yangon Airways...( I hope) to Bagan and for my Hot air Balloon trip.But having spent nearly one hour to get online to my e-mail i found that the company handling my flights had been trying to get in touch with me. It turns out that my flight back to Yangon from Bagan has been cancelled. Evidently YANGON AIRWAYS FROM DECEMBER 3rd HAVE CEASED FLYING. This has been due to them losing there license for whatever reason. I have been given a contact address to go to in Bagan from my travel company so i hope all will be okay.So, if anyone reading this with flights booked please check to make sure about your flight or other arrangements. Always a drama on my trips...lol. Anyway, today was wonderful, i went to the zoo here in Mandalay, then for sunset i went to the Ubien Bridge for more photographs. It was stunning. Well, here is hoping for my flight being okay and i will try to log back in when i get to Bagan.

Billy.

Thanks

Billy, hope it works out and the agent can help in one way or another. (see what I meant about leaving at least a day or two in between getting back to Yangon and leaving Burma? huhh, read quite a few stories like this - you weren't lucky.)
    I am really really really jealous of you about Bagan!! it is absolutely one of the most beautiful places on earth, and in this season I am sure it is even better.
    if you happen to be staying at New Haven in Nyaung-U, please say hello from me to a horse called Rambo and the guy who drives the cart :-)

Thanks

Hi Betti,

I will find New Haven and pass your wishes on to them. As for my flight, no problems now because my agent gave me an address to go to and present my Yangon airways flight ticket, this was all done and sorted at no extra cost to me and i fly back to Yangon on the same date but with Mandalay airlines. Top marks for my tour agency and the efficiency, i am impressed and will definitely use them again. As for Bagan...wow!! I new within the first hour of arriving that probably 4 days is not enough, stunningly beautiful Temples all over the place. I just came back from photographing sunset from the top of one Temple, i forget the name but it was very scary climbing all the steps up to the top, it was so steep, but worth the effort. Tomorrow i go to Mt Popu, i am looking forward to that.Well, my balloon trip is looming for december 2. I am very excited for that trip, it is a 5-00 am start.

Billy.

Thread Information