Thread: Transit Tours

Thanks

question Transit Tours

Hi! I am a recent member so first off, thankyou, Richard Barrow for the wonderful details mentioned in your blog. The sight and smells of the places almost come alive! I spent the past 2 hrs going over various links in search of options I can explore while in transit from Mumbai-Bangkok to Sukhothai. Will be in Bangkok later for 4 days. I would like to join one of the transit tours during my stop of 8 hrs from 7am to 3 pm.
    Is there an option to visit the Wat Bang Phli Yai Klang reclining Buddha and Ancient Siam during this time? We are a family of 4 -2 kids 4yrs and 10 yrs.
    Is there a fixed time the tour starts and ends, can we combine 2 tours, do the 4 hrs include time-out for lunch ??

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Transit Tours

If you want to start combining tours or making changes then I think you would be better offer just renting a taxi from the airport for the day. Probably cost about 1,200 baht. Make a list of what you want to see and we will type it up in Thai for you to print out for the taxi driver.

Thanks

I was keen on seeing the Ancient City and the Wat Bang Phli Yai Klang in the 6 hours I have. I gather that it takes no more than 45 min to reach in peak traffic. We plan to leave by 9 am and be back by 1 pm. Is it doable and how much to pay for taxi?

Thanks

With only 4 hours (including travelling time), you should just spend the time in Ancient City. Its a big place and you will have fun seeing all Thailand famous replicas. You shouldn't have any problems getting a taxi to Samut Prakan Ancient City. The problem will be from Ancient City back to Airport because I don't see any taxis waiting there. I am not sure if the airport taxi will charge you by the meter or charge you a flat rate, but if they do bring you by the meter, it should be around 500 - 800 THB.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You should have no problem in finding a taxi outside of Ancient City. Taxis do pass here but not so often. Airport to my home is 229 baht on the meter. Ancient City won't be much more.

Thread Information