PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Help needed learning to type Thai from a Thai person who can do type Thai and English
    Thanks

Help needed learning to type Thai from a Thai person who can do type Thai and English

hi guys,
    ive tried asking others on here with little response or help back, there's no point trying to self learn to type Thai as its the same as typing English with one hand, or looking for the keys,then the book then the screen, just no way would be able to keep motivated, so please any of you guys that speak and type Thai well, and also no your way around a QWERTY key board, please give me some tips,

things like what does a beginner start practicing? constants words? short words with vowels? i tried numbers! 20 minutes latter i was on สิ so basically a waste of time, there must be tricks or routines to practice for keyboard layout as you do when you learn english touch typing with Mavis beacon or other type stuff, cheers ian

Thanks

Re: Help needed learning to type Thai from a Thai person who can do type Thai and Eng

no one got any ideas? surely some people on this forum can type Thai? or is it all copy and paste? OK google it is then, ill post any tips i find, cheers

Thanks

Re: Help needed learning to type Thai from a Thai person who can do type Thai and Eng

hi guys, after many hours on google looking at on screen thai typing things, i found a free thai typing lessons down load, basically same as a Mavis beacon for touch typing but for the thai keyboard, i had a play for a hour or so, its just what i wanted, personally ive got it set up so it hints me the equivalent qwerty key, great as i can touch type, its i need to learn where the thai ones are, it shows you from beginner upwards, basic top row, middle, bottom, then with shift,

it has kids stories for you to write out also, way to advanced for me at the moment,
    it tells you your word per minute speed and so on, i found it on www.thaiware.com, through www.thai-language.com, there's so much rubbish out there, this is exactly what i wanted and need, hope it helps someone else, maybe those cut and paste rs might give it a go,,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ian71 For This Useful Post:

Marie (02-12-10)

Thanks

What I would like to know is, why is the Thai keyboard laid out as it is. Is there any sense to it or is it just random? What I can see is that most of the lesser used characters are on a Shift key, but apart from that I can't see any logical or practical grouping, especially of the consonants... ??

Thanks

I learned to type Thai by chatting on MSN messenger with Thai peepuns.
    "Random Witty Comment"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjmates View Post
    What I would like to know is, why is the Thai keyboard laid out as it is. Is there any sense to it or is it just random? What I can see is that most of the lesser used characters are on a Shift key, but apart from that I can't see any logical or practical grouping, especially of the consonants... ??
    http://www.nectec.or.th/it-standards...t/thai-key.htm

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

mjmates (03-12-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David_Loves_Ubonwan View Post
    Wow, very confusing,I'm just playing with it and see what happens, to be honest I'm not sure if there is any obvious lay out on the Qwerty key board, but I've learnt that and happily type away without thinking about it or looking down,
    i have noticed you have to stretch out the little fingers a lot on practicing the touch typing lessons getting to certain lettersin thai!
    give it a few months and ill give me thoughts on if the Thai touch typing actually makes life any easier to learn Thai, all good fun!!!!!!!

Thread Information