Thanks

happy Temp Teaching job in Samut Prakan

can any one advise me to where i can offer my services as english teacher for a summer camp in samut prakarn area
    im not really looking for payment for this just want some hands on experience
    as well as a teacher i also use puppets to aid with teaching as i find children better interact with a puppet than a teacher
    i was thinking of going to indonesia or cambodia to do this but some one suggested i post message on here first to get some feed back
    i plan to be in samut prakarn end of january

Thanks
    Thanked 5,247 Times in 3,387 Posts

Re: Temp Teaching job in Samut Prakan

I have moved your post here as a new thread so as it gets noticed
    I have also deleted the 9 duplicate posts you made right across the forum!
    Please DO NOT duplicate posts on this Forum again
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is harder these days for people to just turn up at schools to volunteer to teach. Apart from the fact it is potential dangerous for the kids (so many sex offenders getting caught in Thailand these days) it is also illegal to work, even as a volunteer, without a work permit. At our school we no longer accept volunteers unless you are an accredited school teacher with references from your school.

Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

Thanks

You would think the Thai government would encourage foreigners to volunteer, after all it adds economic stimulus to the economy, from there spending as well as a free service. About the situation being potentially dangerous for kids, well it don't need to be a foreigner to create that type of danger, safe guards need to be put in place for both Thai nationals and foreign volunteers, like security checks. In Australia it is quite easy to have a security check done on some one and this could be made mandatory by Thai authorities when working as a volunteer with children in Thailand. In the cases where foreigner don't speak Thai, it would be a good idea if they did there volunteering with a Thai national as a guide, so there not left alone with the children making it even safer.

Thanks

I'm sure if you posted this in the Thai Language forum, a member could help write a message which you could print and show to a school if you need help with explaining what you want to do.
    Wherever you plan to stay in Samut Prakan will be surrounded by Thai schools, all of which have English lessons - just dress smartly and go to the nearest ones to offer your help. If you are staying on a tourist visa and are unpaid, I can't see why a school would reject your offer to help the Thai teacher deliver the English curriculum to their classes for a few weeks. Never tried it myself but the gesture would surely be met with interest.

Thanks

> If you are staying on a tourist visa and are unpaid, I can't see why a school would reject your offer to help the Thai teacher deliver the English curriculum to their classes for a few weeks.

maybe because it is illegal and they could get into trouble?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    maybe because it is illegal and they could get into trouble?
    The laws the law, no matter how ridiculous some may seem.

Thread Information