Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,067 Posts

Re: Thai Women Being Over- Jealous- Is It A Fact Or A Myth?

Quote Originally Posted by FAN View Post
    Yes I note that 50%of Thai women are jealous with their boyfriends/husbands flirting with other women ka ---
    I think getting jealous with a boyfriend/husband openly flirting with other women is justified. There is a solid basis there. And personally, to me it's also offputting because it means the guy doesn't even have the sensitivity-the decency!- to shield his partner's feelings from getting hurt.

But in my opinion, what is unacceptable is unreasonably restricting the movements of one's partner, trying to cut off the other's social association with the opposite sex based on imagined threat.
    I value informed opinion, not opinion that stems from nothing but attitude. The latter is the depth of ignorance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

mmaaddict (19-02-11)

Thanks

Sometimes, jealousy is not the fault of either party. I have a friend who divorced and later met a Thai lady whom he fell in love with. He brought her to Australia, married her and they now have a lovely daughter of 18months. They love each other and neither flirts or has an interest in other people (romantically).
    The problem is the husbands ex-wife who (after many years separation) now seems to want him back. She lives close by and contrives to be where the couple go for shopping, meals, entertainment etc..... always trying to make conversation with her former husband. He has no interest and actually hates the "ex" with a passion that is pure and good.
    Unfortunately, his Thai wife is left feeling very insecure and jealous and this often leads to arguments between them. It is so sad to see a loving couple like this being the victim of the cunning and manipulative ex-wife. She will never get her former husband back, but she may well succeed in ruining his current happy marriage. Many friends have explained the circumstances to the Thai wife, but the poor girl is still insecure and jealous - I suppose she just cant help how she feels and how the circumstances effect her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kfchugo For This Useful Post:

Marie (14-01-11)

Thanks

I noticed this topic has often been subject of debate in the short period i've been reading about Thailand. There's an interesting post about this over at Thai Musings, written by a Thai woman.

May add useful insight to this discussion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tek For This Useful Post:

Marie (14-01-11)

Thanks

I've found the opposite to be true a lot of times. I just started a new relationship with a very attractive and educated woman. She told me that if I have someone else she doesn't want to know about it but she would be OK with it. I've heard the same things again from many other Thai women. I told her she should have higher standards/requirements for her boyfriend.

Once I was caught offguard by my Thai girlfriend talking to another woman, she just came over from out of nowhere and pushed her. The other girl walked off. So yes they can be overjealous as well but I don't know that it's anymore extreme than another culture.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to badfish For This Useful Post:

Marie (14-01-11)

Thanks

I suppose that it may not help that the cultures are different. In the Uk, people are often quite outgoing without any real underlying meaning. If this is not the same in Thai culture then this would been seen as inappropriate as the Thai person would be making judgements based on their culture and rightly so.

If the couple know each other very well then they will get to know what they are actually thinking and doing and it may be less of a problem.

Also, a persons own or learned experiences may also have an impact on any judgement of a situation. Maybe a previous partner was a flirt and ran off with someone whom they flirted with !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aardvark For This Useful Post:

Marie (17-01-11)

Thanks

well in my expierence of dating thai girls (all of 2 years lol) there is the odd thai girl you can trust but most of them have a thai bf anyways. one occassion me and my thai gf were sat having lunch and a bunch of tourist came up to our table to talk to us seeing as i was the only western guy there at the time. They were asking me for directions (oh all the tourists were girls) the next thing i know, i got a huge slap. haha i flipped and stormed off. The fact that she slapped me for giving a girl directions is pathetic. That was the end of that relationship.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to acoustic25 For This Useful Post:

Marie (17-01-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,067 Posts

During one of my earliest trips in Thailand, I unwittingly became an object of a Thai girlfriend’s jealousy. It was a weird experience..

A Thai male friend who was doing his thesis in English had practically begged me to allot a day for him to have me look at his work. I accommodated his request, not knowing that would get me into an awkward situation.

On the appointed day, he picked me up from my hotel. But as soon we met in the lobby, he started to explain profusely that his SUV had suddenly broken down and that we had to use his “other car”, which was a two-seater sports car. I said fine, mai pen rai kha.. My only concern was that this alternative vehicle should hopefully be air-conditioned, that’s all..

It was only when I was boarding the vehicle that I realized, to my mild shock, what the copious explanation was for: There was going to be a third passenger! The car could only seat two people-and naturally the car owner, my friend, took the driver seat. And I, being the guest would occupy the second seat. Any third passenger would need to squeeze himself or herself in a fetal position at the rear. Which the third party, my friend’s girlfriend, did. And perhaps begrudgingly, too, judging on the giant pout she sported all day.

She could not speak any English. But I thought that was no reason why she couldn’t smile back at me, considering that I patiently tried to flash at her my sweetest grin ever. I just justified it as it’s probably not easy being a hunchback (at the rear of a car) if you were not born one. To my friend’s chagrin, she also refused to join us for lunch, though she was apparently tailing us inside the mall where we dined.

I never found out if a major battle between them ensued after our trip on that day.
    I just guessed there was one.
    Last edited by Marie; 18-01-11 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks

Marie;

Not sure that this helps, but after 3 years (April) knowing Rin, and being married. I have yet to see her get jealous at my ex-wife, or co-workers that I know. We are very good friends with an Asian Manager (the one that hired me when I was in Kuwait). So far we have not experienced any negatives in that area - Jealousy.

It has been my experience that it depends on the woman and their background. I might also have been very lucky.

Jealousy is not good.. Voilent jealousy even worse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonebkk View Post
    Jealousy can destroy oneself and others, no matter what nationality you are.
    even my wife get jealous every time I hop back to Thailand. women is the same everywhere.

Thanks

HI

another way to look at it is

a little jealousy is good if you or your wife is not the least bit jealous then you might not have any passion or romantic feeling for them
    or they you. I am not talking about over the top fits of rage and accusations but that little pang you get in your stomach then realize
    you trust your spouse 100%

I don't know I might feel hurt and unloved if I felt my wife wasn't jealous just a little bit.
    but then I would feel afraid and scared if she was overly jealous.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

mmaaddict (19-02-11)

Thread Information