PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Pictures: Preah Vihear Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Preah Vihear Images

Thanks

Re: Preah Vihear Images

Let me get this straight, the temple is on Cambodia land, built by Cambodian preists efc ??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

No the Temple is on land with disputed ownership.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Its complicated-see "Modern history and ownership dispute" paragraph here for an explanation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (01-12-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    Its complicated-see "Modern history and ownership dispute" paragraph here for an explanation
    After reading the link, l cant see anything that say's the temple is in Thailand. Forget those who before come up with it is sorta belongs to Thailand. lt's in Cambodia, let them have it, it is definatly not worth killing young men over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47 View Post
    After reading the link, l cant see anything that say's the temple is in Thailand. Forget those who before come up with it is sorta belongs to Thailand. lt's in Cambodia, let them have it, it is definatly not worth killing young men over.
    The border between Thailand and Cambodia is supposed to follow the watershed, in the area of Preah Vihear this is ignored.

The watershed is the way the rainwater drains away along the mountain range, if it flows to Cambodia then it is Cambodian land and if it flows to Thailand it is Thai land. In the disputed are the watershed flows to Thailand but a French made map of 1907 shows the land as being Cambodian.

David

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

emu (15-05-15), ian71 (13-10-11), kelwts (02-03-11)

Thanks

Sad really sad !!! To be fighting for a temple where its religion practices Peace > I guess because its also a UNESCO Heritage Site ... Lots of money in tourism to be made there .... Such a shame .

Thanks

[QUOTE=David_Loves_Ubonwan;229802]The border between Thailand and Cambodia is supposed to follow the watershed, in the area of Preah Vihear this is ignored.

The watershed is the way the rainwater drains away along the mountain range, if it flows to Cambodia then it is Cambodian land and if it flows to Thailand it is Thai land. In the disputed are the watershed flows to Thailand but a French made map of 1907 shows the land as being Cambodian.

I really don't understand why it should follow the rainshed,how did you get this theory or maybe you can provide any proof of that that for may be i can see it.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Mahindrasarath;240590]
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Loves_Ubonwan View Post
    The border between Thailand and Cambodia is supposed to follow the watershed, in the area of Preah Vihear this is ignored.

I really don't understand why it should follow the rainshed,how did you get this theory or maybe you can provide any proof of that that for may be i can see it.
    Here is a Cambodian website that explains in (in English) http://ourcambodia.wordpress.com/201...ia-v-thailand/

In the eastern sector of the Dangrek range, in which Preah Vihear was situated, the frontier was to follow the watershed line. For the purpose of delimiting that frontier, it was agreed, at a meeting held on 2 December 1906, that the Mixed Commission should travel along the Dangrek range carrying out all the necessary reconnaissance, and that a survey officer of the French section of the Commission should survey the whole of the eastern part of the range.
    David

12. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (19-10-11)

Thread Information