PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What is a good day to buy a car?
    Thanks

What is a good day to buy a car?

I called one of my Thai friends yesterday and he told me that his new car has arrived at the car dealer. Since this is his first new car I assumed he would go and pick it up straight away, but far from it. The first thing he did was calling his grandmother to ask her for a good day to buy the car. I thought she might have to go to the local wat where one of the monks would somehow calculate an auspicious date, but no, apparently she has to look it up somewhere. Now my friend is waiting for the go-ahead from his gran and I am rather curious to find out what might be a good day to buy a car.

TomUK

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: What is a good day to buy a car?

They have special calendars that show auspicious days for doing or buying certain things. Though some will consult a fortune teller/monk for auspicious days and times to do important events. Like when to bring a new car back to your house. They even have iPhone apps marking these auspicious days.

Thanks

My wife said, if when we first met, if my car was red, she would not continue to see me.
    Even today, we are not allowed to own or travel in a red car. Good thing my car is a goldish colour.

Thanks

My Red 1976 V8 HJ Holden with the rumbling duel exhaust system would certainly scare your wife.

Thanks

Today I received an email from my friend: The auspicious day for taking delivery of his new car is Wednesday. Funnily enough this coincides with his weekly day off.

Now I wonder what might be a good day for me to go out and buy a pair of red socks.

TomUK

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TomUK For This Useful Post:

Mozzbie47 (12-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    My Red 1976 V8 HJ Holden with the rumbling duel exhaust system would certainly scare your wife.
    Yep, sure would, Id'e like it tho.

Thread Information