Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Thailand related programmes showing on SG TV

Last night on okto [festive faces] showing Chiang Mai Loy Kratong festival (held on year 2553). Wonder when they will repeat it on tv?

Life is short, cherish all you have and live everyday of your life the best you can. :)

Thanks

Re: Thailand related programmes showing on SG TV

Its a 6 part series so will be on air every Thursday from tonight at 10pm (February 24th, 2011) Learn and experience some fascinating aspects of different asian cultures!

FESTIVE FACES! is a 6 x 1 Hour travel and culture programme that takes us on a journey to discover the lesser documented festivals from some of the most discreet corners of Asia! See things from other cultures that will not be found in travel brochures, go to places that is not on the map, and taste things that are not on the menu! Come and experience these festivals through the eyes and perspective of those involved! They are – FESTIVE FACES!
    Life is short, cherish all you have and live everyday of your life the best you can. :)

Thanks

Point of Entry, a part of the drama was filmed in TH. The Thai language that they spoke were wrong!

Thanks

Awesome TV shows! Too bad I will miss them (again) :(
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Is the program still showing at this moment?
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

Point of Entry, next week still showing. But its only part of the drama fiming in TH, so I can't guarantee next week they will show TH or not.

Festive Faces, next week most likely featuring other places, if got repeat telecast I will update here.

Thanks

There used to be a really good series on SG TV Sunday night that ended last year, with the Mandarin title of "Tong Ying Yi Jiang Shiu" about the people of Thailand, Laos, and parts of Myanmar, China and Vietnam, and their livelihoods, through which the Mekong River cruises through. Unfortunately, I had not realized when it first showed, what a good series it was and probably missed half of it. Then last year, I discovered it had a rerun but it was during lunch hours (working hours) of weekdays so had missed it again :-*
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...

Thanks

Yeah I also have watched the "Tong Ying Yi Jiang Shiu" too. It was also one of my favourite TV series too!
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

"Tong Ying Yi Jiang Shui" is a documentary programme by CCTV, about Mekong River. It used to be aired on Ch8 Sunday 1030pm after the news. I hope to buy their DVD series and keep them as collection.

According to okto, at the moment, they do not repeat Festive Faces.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PJ_Quek For This Useful Post:

yy (25-03-11)

Thanks

They do have DVD series? That's wonderful news!

Thread Information