Thanks

Bangkok to Amphawa - advice needed

Hi,

I've planned the following itinerary for my bangkok/Amphawa trip 9 - 11 Apr. Appreciate if someone could provide some advice for the journey please. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

9 Apr(Sat) - Arrive at BKK airport @ 0900hr. Shop, massage and overnight at BKK hotel.

10 Apr(Sun) - Travel by 0630hr train to Mahachai, arrive @0730hr. See fishing boat unloading seafood, visit market and sample seafood. [Any good restaurant to recommend?] Cross river via ferry to take either 1010hr or 1330hr train to Mae Khlong.
    Checkin to Thanicha resort upon arrival at railway station. Visit Wat Ban Laem by foot (Is this doable? How far is it from Thanicha resort?]
    Take a boat tour, visit orchard farm. Visit Amphawa floating market and firefly at night.

11 Apr(Mon) - Visit Damnoen Saduak floating market early in the morning at 0630hr, King Rama2 memorial park. [Should I take boat tour or bus for above two? If bus, how to do it?] If time permits, visit Don Hoi Lot and return to Amphawa. Can anyone advise on the low tide timing please?

Take taxi from Amphawa to BKK airport to catch 1930hr flight. [Is this achievable? I'm not sure if there is taxi available in the town. Or perhaps the resort can help to book a cab to airport? How long is the journey from Amphawa to the airport?]

Regards
    Helen

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Bangkok to Amphawa - advice needed

I cannot answer all of your questions but I will have a go with the rest. Your train ride to Samut Songkram via Samut Sakhon seems alright. Wat Ban Laem is quite close to the train station. I have no idea where Thanicha resort is. I have only stayed in homestays at Amphawa. Although this is a weekend market that opens about 3 p.m. onwards, there is plenty to do there during the day. If you are staying in Amphawa you will be able to rent or borrow a bicycle to go to King Rama II park. Not sure about the orchid farm you are talking about. Back on the main road from Amphawa you can catch buses heading north to Damnoen Saduak. You can also catch them from Samut Songkram city. Like you mentioned you can rent a boat from the city to Damnoen Saduak but it is quite far and expensive. You can get local transport from the city to Don Hoi easily. Not sure why you need to know about low tide. Though they do boat tours from here as well. Most people go here to eat seafood. You won't find a taxi in Amphawa. However, your resort might be able to arrange something. Or take a bus to Bangkok and change to taxi once you near the outskirts. From my house to the airport is 40 minutes. From my house to Amphawa (opposite direction) is about 90 minutes. Obviously add more if you use public transport.

Thanks

hi ,

May i know Amphawa Floating market operation time?
    1) everyday operate?
    2) or only weekend
    3)any attraction place ?price

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bangkok to Amphawa - advice needed

It's only open at the weekends and public holidays. It's a market do no admission prices. But you can join boat tours during the day and at night. Market becomes more active late afternoon. During the day/week very quiet.

- Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    It's only open at the weekends and public holidays. It's a market do no admission prices. But you can join boat tours during the day and at night. Market becomes more active late afternoon. During the day/week very quiet.

- Sent from my iPhone
    I'm sorry but is it also open on friday? also, what would be the best transport back to bangkok from amphawa market? if bus where can I catch such a bus?

Thread Information