Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

All-Time Favourite Song

Seeing we have all-time favourite movies, what's our all-time favourite songs?

Ok, we all have so many favs... What's our top 3 fav songs?

I shall start with mine:

- definitely, the Scorpions' Still Loving You (I'm a big fan of them).

- Suo Gan, inspired by the movie, Empire of the Sun

- Underwater Love

Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Jasonkoh82 (03-04-11)

Thanks

Re: All-Time Favourite Song

Thanks for peiyan for starting the ball rolling.

Here's my top 3 favourite song

1. 許美靜 - 城裡的月光

2. Original Singer by whitney houston. Lin Yu Chun Sings "I Will Always Love You". (Look how amazing his local was)

3. Here is one Japan Song recently which I liked. Naruto Shippuuden ED AZU For You

Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

I like the first song, roughly translated as Moonlight In the City. I remembered it was the theme song of a really good local sitcom titled Beancurd Street (I know the English translation makes it sound really hilarious lol).
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...

Thanks

LOL...its certainly sound really hilarious all right . And I had watch the good local sitcom too. The Moonlight In the City song was the 1st one to struck on my mind on the list!

Last but not least I also do like your favourite list no 2. Suo Gan, inspired by the movie, Empire of the Sun
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

I thought the Underwater Love is very sensual and dream-like. In fact, I like many songs, of the ambient and chill-out kind, that contain the 'watery feel'. But I like Underwater Love the best, although it is not quite new; I got the CD with the song in it from HMV in 2001, and that was after I got hooked on the album after we were at a friend's house, so the song is probably quite old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peiyan View Post
    I thought the Underwater Love is very sensual and dream-like. In fact, I like many songs, of the ambient and chill-out kind, that contain the 'watery feel'. But I like Underwater Love the best, although it is not quite new; I got the CD with the song in it from HMV in 2001, and that was after I got hooked on the album after we were at a friend's house, so the song is probably quite old.
    True enough, its a sensual song all right..And the song in 2001 is never be to quite old. Some of the oldies songs up till now is still far better than the modern ones. This is what I believe

Thanks

Remember that there got 1 word call "You jump, I jump" in Titanic.

I kind of like the words the host and himself said "Yesterday I was a chubby boy and now everybody is looking at me". Here's the song My Heart Will Go On...Enjoy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasonkoh82 For This Useful Post:

ian71 (04-04-11)

Thanks

Actually, I have more favourites than just the 3 above. But I thought it is kind of embarrassing if I were to list loads and loads of MY fav non-stop like a naccisstic. Anyhow, I am a big fan of the 1970s music and fashion scene. So the other songs that I just cannot get over, and which never fail to get me singing along are Hotel California and Deep Purple's Soldier of Fortune.

Thanks

Actually, I have more favourites than just the 3 above. But I thought it is kind of embarrassing if I were to list loads and loads of MY fav non-stop like a naccisstic. Anyhow, I am a big fan of the 1970s music and fashion scene. So the other songs that I just cannot get over, and which never fail to get me singing along are Hotel California and Deep Purple's Soldier of Fortune.
    Please do peiyan! There is noting to be embarrassing about. And I didn't knew that you are a big fan of the 1970s music and fashion scene. What I can remembered that the Beatles and one song called yesterday once more.

This is the song that what I can recalled....

Another one Mr Postman

Thanks

So the other songs that I just cannot get over, and which never fail to get me singing along are Hotel California and Deep Purple's Soldier of Fortune.
    Kudos to peiyan! Hotel California was once my favourite and was forgotten over the passage of time. I'm grateful that you had helped me to recall back the goodie songs back then...

Thread Information