Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Re: Perama cruise boat sinks off Komodo, Indonesia

Hi Betti,

I forget what date Mike said he will be there, i arive on april 10 for a week and hope to catch up with him sometime and also with another fellow TCB member straytiger who is in Thailand for a year. I do hope your insurance will help you recover your camera costs,and i hope you continue with your photography and keep providing us with your lovely pictures and reports from your trips and holidays, and also that this nightmarish trip becomes a memory to be forgotten...If that is possible..

Good to hear your safe now.

Billy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

yy (01-04-11)

Thanks

insurance company says it is responsibility of travel company to cover my loss, and Perama says it is my insurance company's job. case closed. I lost about 40k baht stuff, including clothing that will be very difficult to replace (because I am big), and some expensive medicines. trying to find a phone shop but for some reason NOTHING in the 2 malls here in Kuta that I've been to. I'll need to go to Denpasar tomorrow. or in the end decide to go home. I haven't slept for 5 days and yesterday I had high fever. I'll get some medicine now that knocks me out for a day. I need to sleep. we are still here 4 people together but that's just one more day. everybody is heading home after this experience. only one girl stayed out there on Flores. the Perama manager escaped. she did some yelling yesterday to two of us. the girl was in tears they were treated so badly. they just wanted our 1-million rupiah flights from Labuanbajo to Denpasar reinbursed at least.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Jasonkoh82 (01-04-11), yy (01-04-11)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Betti, you have been very brave so far. It makes us sad that you have to gone through such a scary and disappointing time when all your intention is to enjoy this holiday and share your joy with us here through your photos and recountings. We are worried too to hear that your health has suffered because of the trauma, both emotionally and physically. Your anger and confusion at this point are understandable. Do please try to get some rest, whatever you can, and recuperate meanwhile. Your health is your most crucial insurance right now.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (01-04-11), trangam (01-04-11)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	14293

this is what was left of the boat the morning after, washed ashore in the storm. I'm surprised they allowed one of us to copy the harbour master's photos.
    I still cannot eat or sleep properly, cannot even walk in a straight line. couldn't find medicine that would help me sleep. I feel very sick. maybe need to go home early, but would hate to spend additional thousands on new tickets.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Jasonkoh82 (02-04-11), yy (02-04-11)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Hopefully, no news is good news here - we have not heard more from Betti since her morning post. Keeping fingers crossed that she's sound asleep this time of the day, and will sleep off her fever by the next day!
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Jasonkoh82 (02-04-11)

Thanks

And I know Betti will be glad to have someone like you that prays for her and everyone else....

Get well soon, Betti!
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

I had to see a doctor last night because I feel so dizzy I can hardly stand up and walk. have been in bed most of the time since my last post. if I disappear, don't worry, I'm just in bed.
    the story hit the Bali Times today
    http://www.thebalitimes.com/2011/04/...inking-horror/
    what a fucking way to blow my identity after all these years posting here. I think I'll have to start over with a new username.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Jasonkoh82 (03-04-11), Khun Don (05-04-11), yy (03-04-11)

Thanks

Why should you need to start over with a new username? I mean its not your fault...

How are you feeling today, Betti?
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

they deleted my name now.
    I feel better but last night was truly horrible. worst headache ever. still stuck here in horrible Kuta....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

yy (04-04-11)

Thanks

Kudos to Betti for providing the whole real life story behind it. If it is myself, I couldn't imagine what could have happen to me? I'm not a good swimmer...

Once again, it great to be able to survive through this ordeal...Give yourself a round of applause. You deserve it..

Thread Information