Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,227 Times in 3,370 Posts

Re: Perama cruise boat sinks off Komodo, Indonesia

Betti-Hope you get well soon.

PS I think your identity is safe-article told me nothing more than I knew about you already.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

At Betti's request, we have cleaned up this thread and moved the off topic posts to her general thread on her holiday in Indonesia.

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/show...2011-Indonesia

I am sure all of our thoughts are with Betti at this difficult time for her. I know what it is like surviving when you know you could have so easily died. I am sure it is not easy for Betti and so I don't think it is actually helping if people lecture her on what she should or should not do.

Thank you..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Barrow For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (12-04-11)

Thanks

thanks.
    I am flying home to Bangkok on the 16th and then taking the train to Chiang Mai.
    it is raining non stop in Bali, I mean non stop, and I am used to monsoons, but this is terrible. I would be strong enough now to do stuff, but there isn't as whole lot to do in the rain, and without a camera, and not quite ready to take another boat. I did some driving around.... but with the rain, not much fun. I will have to come back.... again. I came back this time because I fell sick in 2003 when I was here....
    all of us have now left Indonesia, I think. maybe one girl went ahead with her planned trip to Sulawesi and Papua.
    I have been in touch with the guide who saved us. he lost his stuff as well (was still in a Moana diveboat staff t-shirt on the third day after the accident), and Perama didn't help their own employees either with their personal losses (clothes, mobile phones etc).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,956 Posts

Betti,

I have just now read the story of your ordeal. I'm so glad you are safe, even if exhausted and traumatized.

I hope you will be restored to your old self before too many more days.

Take care.

Thanks

thanks Susana.
    my old self is not very appealing, but will have to make do, I guess.

I went back to the sea for the first time since the accident. I am not scared of waves and water, quite liked it. Uluwatu is absolutely stunning. just about the only reason to stay in Kuta.... there were no boats involved, but the traffic around here is equally dangerous.
    I really wanted to go to the Gilis but didn't recover in time, and also, I don't want to take a boat for a while now.

again, I couldn't sleep last night. I really don't want to get into tranquillizers....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Susana (15-04-11)

Thanks

The Bali Times has the story on its front page. it was quite disturbing to see it when I went into the local version of 7-11. I previously posted here the link to the online version but it won't hurt to link again. some other people have added their views as well.
    http://www.thebalitimes.com/2011/04/...inking-horror/

Thread Information