PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Khoo Cannes do it ... again!
    Thanks

Khoo Cannes do it ... again!

And so the love affair between the prestigious Cannes Film Festival and Singapore's Eric Khoo continues.

The celebrated auteur's latest film, Tatsumi, will be premiering at the 64th Cannes Film Festival in the Un Certain Regard section in May.

Based on the life and short stories of Yoshihiro Tatsumi, the movie is Khoo's animated homage to the Japanese godfather of alternative anime. Joining an elite group which includes Dumbo (1947), Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence (2004), Waltz With Bashir (2008) and Up (2009), Tatsumi is Singapore's first animated feature - and only the 13th in animated movie history - to be invited to the Cannes Official Selection. It will compete for the Prize Un Certain Regard in this year's edition.

"When I was first informed about it, the first thing on my mind was Tatsumi sensei," Khoo told Today. "I got my Japanese producer to call him, and all he kept saying was 'Thank you, thank you, thank you!".

Khoo is a familiar face on the Croisette: His 12 Storeys was the first Singaporean film to be invited to participate in the Un Certain Regard section in 1997, while My Magic was in competition for the coveted Palme d'Or in the main selection in 2008.

"My biggest wish now, really is that everyone on the Riviera will embrace (Tatsumi) and his art, and to love his story," Khoo shared. "It has been my dream for this to happen so that Tatsumi - someone I truly admire and love - will finally be on one of the biggest international platforms to share Gekiga (Japanese "dramatic pictures"), his life and stories with the world."

And the feeling is mutual. "Cannes was my dream of dreams. My heart swells with joy and pride knowing that Tatsumi will premiere there. I just want to toast Eric Khoo!" said Tatsumi.

Masato Yamamoto, the film's associate producer, said: "Tatsumi started the gekiga movement because he was heavily influenced by cinema. It's fitting that Eric Khoo has decided to honour this master and his vision by making this film; things have come full circle."

http://www.todayonline.com/Entertain...o-it-,,,-again!
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasonkoh82 For This Useful Post:

yy (15-04-11)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Re: Khoo Cannes do it ... again!

I love Eric Khoo...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thread Information