Thanks

Directions for the Songkran Festival in Pra Pradaeng

Hello,

I live in Paknam and plan on attending the Songkran festival this weekend in Pra Pradaeng. I took a look at the map that is associated with the event but was curious as to what the best route would be to go and how to get there?
    Thank you again

Thanks

Re: Directions for the Songkran Festival in Pra Pradaeng

Hi guys,

Well, today being the first day of the festival and not being able to generate many pointers on how to get to the event, I was able to find a little more info on my own that may help some of you other users who may be wondering on how to get to the festival in Pra Pradaeng this weekend.

The best route I found was to use this map website (which is sort of similar to the one that Rich has shown on his blog about the festival).

Here is the link to the map:

http://wiki.worldflicks.org/%E0%B8%9...angkrajao.html

Then, what I just did was change the map which will be set from "satellite view" to "map view".

Next, zoom in on the particular area that you would like to print but making sure that the entire map parameters fit on the screen.

Then, I just printed the page out and ended up with a neat little map of how to get to the exact location. I also took a highlighter and highlighted the exact route that I would have to get from my particular location (which in my case was Paknam). The map is also written in both English and Thai which should make it a bit easier for the taxis to find the location.
    * (When I went to open this same map a little while ago it was only in Thai but the language settings may have to be changed in Google in order for it to become bilingual).
    Anyways, you may have to change your map projections acurately depending on where you're coming from. If coming from the north, it looks like the best route to go would be via the "Chaloem Maha Nakhon Expressway" and if coming from the east or south (like myself), then taking the "Bang Phli Suk Sawat Expressway" would probably be your best route.
    *Either highway you take, be sure to get off and onto "Thanon Suk Sawat". If coming from the north, get off and head south and respectively if from the south, head north, until you reach "Nakhon Kuan Kan Rd." It's at this road that you will want to turn onto, and will then take to the end of the road.

At the end of the road you should have now reached the waterfront and will be on "Sri Kuankan Rd." It is on this road that I believe some of the different cultural activities will take place throughout the three day event.
    I hope this helps everyone and that everything was clear enough

Also, as I just discovered last night, the Tourism Authority of Thailand website has an info page about this years's event and more importantly, shows a current schedule of the different events and what times they will take place throughout this weekend. They also give relevant phone numbers for TAT, a number to the Pra Pradaeng municipality, and a number for event information for those who want to learn more.
    Check out this link to see more info though:

http://www.tatnews.org/events/events...ril/5397.asp#1

I had been planning on going tomorrow (the 23rd), but according to the schedule, there aren't really any events scheduled for that day. It appears the best days to go would be either what's left of today (the 22nd which will have some things going on in the evening), or on the last day (24th) which will have the parade and as well as other stuff that is mentioned on the TAT website.
    * I also hear that there maybe more water fights but should find out later this evening. I plan to bring my water gun in case and may post some more stuff depending on my findings later this evening.

Happy Songkran to all

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sukhumvitjeff For This Useful Post:

Marie (22-04-11)

Thread Information