PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
3 days ChiangMai trip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

3 days ChiangMai trip

I guess that many ppl did the same post, but i still wanna give my opinion and some experiences, also can receive some advices for next time i come back CM.

I went from Bangkok by night train (over 14 hours) ~ 550B/ sleeper, upper, FAN. Departure at 22:00 (thursday) but it's delayed, then i arrived CM at 14:30PM next day (friday). It's still cold for me at night, so i dont think anyone need A/C for going by train. It's cool during day hours within windy from the window.

I stayed at Lanna Thai Guest House that billyboy from this forum recommended me, really cheap and near the night bazaar in CM. 50-60B for the tuk tuk from the railway station. 480B/night for A/C, 350B/night for Fan (twin beds room, you can choose a big bed instead if u dont want twin)

The price may change up to the tourist season. Address: 41/8 Soi 6, loikroh road, Chiang Mai. Tel: (053) 275563 or (053) 820389. Email: lannathai_gh@hotmail.com, they have free wifi, public computer with 10B/20minutes. (i spent so much money for this becoz i dont have laptop) .

The Night Bazaar's good to walk arround for shopping, dont be shy to bargain to the half of the first price they started. Normal T-shirt's 150-200B, fake Thai silk T-shirt 200-250B (some shops tell u the start price at 400-450B or more). Other stuff maybe the same with the start-price way, i am not interested in the other stuffs so dont know the normal price.

I bought a sport t-shirt (Manchester United - Chicharito) for 200B, same price at the normal market in BKK but better quality. 175B for a normal white T-Shirt with text: I'm not perfect but I'm limited Edition and one fake Thai silk T-shirt silver color for 250B. I really like Thai T-shirt quality.

Then i met a friend in CM and we decided to rent a car for my trip, becoz she can go with me and we only have 1 day for all the interesting places that i want to go. 1500B for a car from 8AM to 7PM included the driver, i like this company becoz my friend's used to it and we got discount, new car, safety driver. 50B for extra hour. You must fill full the petro after your trip. And i paid 700B for the petro after my day.

Car company that i used: northernwheels.com

Doi Suthep

Famous, first place we went of the day. Nice moutain, nice road. If you dont rent a car you can search and call the Orchid Jade Shop for a free ride to doi suthep, take a look but not need to buy anything. (this AK/Moose idea, not mine so u should thanks him instead !!!)

I'm not so interested with the Temple, so i just went arround but i love the view from the temple that i can see the whole CM from there. I'd love to see any city by that way.

20B/person: lift to the temple

Monha Than Water Fall

On the way down, we took a while at the water fall. Nice but small water fall, you can go up to 2.000m level if you want. I didnt, i just stay at the first level then go back. Sorry that i dont remember the entrance fee, maybe 30B/person, 50B for a car.

Lunch on a random road shop, it's ok, nothing to say!

Royal Flora

After Doi Suthep, we want to go the Royal Flora - the biggest public park in TL. This is one of my mistake, this park is so big for 1 hour. It's really nice for many kind of gardens from over the world. If you are a photographer or some girls want to enjoy this park, you should go to this park in the evening and you should spend abt 3-4 hours for it.

I went there by the noon, so hot to stay long and also can't enjoy much becoz of lacking time.

30B/person for entrance, 20B/adult - 10B/kid for a bus carry u arround. You can drop down somewhere u like and waiting for next 15 minutes bus to take u again.

Maerim - Elephant riding

400B/person for 30 minutes elephant riding arround. Should try to know how the elephant move, but i will not try again. I feel dizzy and feel sorry for the elephants.

Maerim - Snake farm

200B/person. Some shows of the snake, dancing or tricks, also good to try. I didnt go in becoz i dont like the snake and i saw many shows like that in VN when i was a kid.

Maerim - Monkey school

200B/person. I didnt come in too. I dont want to see the poor face of the money, and i also saw many times in VN.

Maerim - X-Centre

1500B for 1 bungy jump, 800B/10minutes indoor drift karts. It's not worth for me so i dont try. More info can take a look at chiangmai-xcentre.com.

Maerim - Tiger Kingdom

Oh i love this becoz i love tigers, you can play with the tigers by choosing types of tigers: smallest (2-5months), medium or big. Check more price and info: tigerkingdom.com

On the day i went, they have special package that you can play with the NEW BORN tiger (620B), they are really cute and safe for the kids. I also dont think abt the medium and big, nothing to do with them much and dangerous (i dont care abt the insurrance lol). I've tried with small (2-5 months), you can see how they played together and touch them, can't touch the head becoz it's dangerous.

The way that tigers play together is they bite the others, so i dont think u want to play with them with their own ways, so just follow the staffs intruction.

Maerim - a Village

I dont what it is called, but for visitting a village to see only the ppl (i heard my friends talked that's the same from Burma). So we didnt go in becoz of 500B/person. I dont waste my money, i will save money for a trip to real Burma later.

Ban Tawaii

We planned to Ban Tawaii after Royal Flora becoz it's the same way, but i'm afraid we have not enough time (i prefer the Tiger Kingdom) so after finished in Maerim, we still had time (4:30PM) and i decided to waste the petro to go back to Ban Tawaii. (Other side of CM with the Maerim), but when we were there at 5:30PM+ they were closed all the shops (sunday).

So you can go to Ban Tawaai first after Royal Flora. It's on the same way and you can save ur time, also the petro.

After that we dropped one of my friends near hang dong, then we go back for dinner, we had dinner at a restaurant near a nice lake, really nice view but a little noisy, not expensive too, price up from 60B. I will update the correct way to there after asked my friend.

Before that long trip on sunday, i also visited the walking street on saturday. There'r some different products compared with the night bazaar, also cheaper. Really good to try, my friend suggest me not need to try the Sunday Market if u've visited the walking street, becoz they will move from there to the sunday market. But the sunday market's still more lively, also have cultural show.

Restaurants near the Night Bazaar

I've tried 3 restaurants near the night bazaar, one's Le Spice - an Indian Restaurant that billyboy suggested. I can rate them 8.5/10 points for the price and foods. (Price up from 80B)

I really want to recommend the ppl to Lemongrass Thai Cuisine, really cool restaurant for Thai foods, i've tried khao soy here, delicious! You can read many guest comments on the wall of the restaurant. (Price up from 90B), i can rate them 9/10 for both foods and the atmosphere there. (almost my points for foods!)

But both above are not open in the morning or lunch, so i must try the other for lunch, and it's The Kitchen, i can rate them 7/10 becoz they had a good menu that show us which is Thai foods and which is Northern Thai foods, but the foods are not so impressed to me.

For that 3 restaurants, i can't read the address by Thai so i dont have. But it's easy to find at the Night Bazaar, i also noted some places to draw a simple map lead u to those restaurants. I will update it after i'm back to BKK.

-------------------------------

I have the Lanna Thai Guest House book a bus back to Bangkok for 450B, pick up at the guest house, departure from 18:00 and arrived BKK at 6:45.

I'm not the one that take pictures so i will update this topic with pictures and some more informations when i have it from my friends.

Spirit. (I love the T-Shirt: i'm not perfect but i'm limited edition)

Really thank Billyboy, williamap and many TCB friends for suggesting places, foods in CM.
    Last edited by Spiritvn; 20-06-11 at 04:17 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Spiritvn For This Useful Post:

billyboy (20-06-11), guava (28-06-11), kelwts (07-07-11), Marie (20-06-11), Mozzbie47 (21-06-11), nam phyyng (21-06-11), ninjanin (20-09-11), trangam (21-06-11), wilma (21-04-12), yy (18-07-11)

Thanks

Re: 3 days ChiangMai trip

i'm so glad that you are enjoy your trip in Chiangmai

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulana For This Useful Post:

Spiritvn (21-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Update:

(add above the Doi Suthep part)

The car that we rent

Doi Suthep part pictures

My favorite view to the city

The people'r lighting by oil for wishing

Water Fall part pictures

It's me and the water fall

Nice scene/road from the water fall area

Royal Flora part pictures

The bus that will carry you arround

Many nice scenes from the Biggest National Park in TL

Elephant Riding

Snake farm

X-centre

You will make bungy jump from this?

Restaurants

Dinner near a lake, nice view?

I said hello to TCB friends!

3 Members of the trip

(add to the end of the article)
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2213/cmmap.jpg
    Link of Map for Restaurants i talked

Thanks for images from minmin and mimi

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiritvn For This Useful Post:

billyboy (22-06-11), fileeep (26-08-11), Khun Don (21-06-11), Susana (19-09-11), wilma (21-04-12), yy (18-07-11)

Thanks

nice pictures!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xfiles20001999 For This Useful Post:

Spiritvn (21-06-11)

Thanks

Great photos..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to williamyap For This Useful Post:

Spiritvn (21-06-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Interesting blogs/pics. You said you took the train going to CM and the bus on your way back.
    How would you compare the two? What kind of transport would you take next time you planned to visit there again? And why?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Spiritvn (21-06-11), yy (18-07-11)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thank Marie, let me list the details first:

Train - Sleeper, Upper - Fans, departure at 22:00

• Price: 531B (maybe more or less, i didnt remember exactly but it's less than 550B)
    • Duration: over 14 hours.
    • Pros: Comfortable, easily to sleep, have restaurant if u need something.
    • Bad: Too noisy, long duration, too many stops.

When u woke up in the morning, it's good for you if you have something to read, to watch and waiting for the destination. Then Open window will have u have cool temperature and windy. Almost can not sleep more so they will take off the sleeper and change it to the normal seats, so no problem if u use the upper or slower sleeper.

Bus - A/C, departure at 18:00 or 19:00

• Price: 450B (booked by the lanna thai guest house)
    • Duration: less than 10hours.
    • Pros: Faster, pick up at ur hotel, not so many stops, not so noisy.
    • Bad: not comfortable to sleep even at the night.

// There'r many other departure time for train and bus, but i just prefer night trip for this.

Today i was dropped on Khaosan road at 5:30, and i think we started to depart at 19:00 yesterday becoz they picked me up to transfer at 18:30. So it's really faster than train. But it's so hard to sleep on the bus even there'r not so many ppl, i had a blank seat next to me to have more comfortable but no luck with the sleep.

And i was crazy becoz a group of 5 farang guys ,they spoke English but i dont know where they come from. They spoke loudly till the late night, slowly at the midnight stop (we must waiting for them, then the driver must call them to go). After midnight stop, they continued to speak. Well, it's really not good for me becoz i hated the noise!

It took me 53B for going from khaosan road (where they dropped) to hua lamphong station, so the price's not much different for train or bus.

So if i'm not hurry with time, i will choose train that i can sleep well at night and dont need to care abt the others. I will bring some books or movies to watch on the train in the morning, it will be not so boring.

I also dont like the bus becoz they dont tell us anything abt the trip, where they will stop, when they will stop or how much time we have for the midnight meal. Maybe they dont know much English to do it but they should prepare for it.

I saw many the same with me, dont really know where i was when dropped down.

Next time i hope i could have my BlackBerry Torch, so i can be online sometimes on the train with the 3G
    Last edited by Spiritvn; 21-06-11 at 06:17 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiritvn For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (21-06-11), Marie (21-06-11), Susana (19-09-11), wilma (21-04-12), yy (18-07-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Travel tip that has served me well: Always carry a set of WAX earplugs! Boots The Chemist sell such as "Mufflles Wax Earplugs" . Don't bother with rubber ear plugs-they do not keep the noise out. Great for sleeping on any form of transport.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Spiritvn (21-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    Travel tip that has served me well: Always carry a set of WAX earplugs! Boots The Chemist sell such as "Mufflles Wax Earplugs" . Don't bother with rubber ear plugs-they do not keep the noise out. Great for sleeping on any form of transport.
    ty, I will try that. I usually listen to my musics, but this time i didnt have anything for that purpose.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this with us. Well done!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nuika248 For This Useful Post:

Spiritvn (21-06-11)

Thread Information