PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
"Uniquely Singapore" - Our Very Own Lia Gao ("Monkey" Catcher) Webbie
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

panic "Uniquely Singapore" - Our Very Own Lia Gao ("Monkey" Catcher) Webbie

Came across this webbie from SG Yahoo News. Just thought of sharing this here, without my passing of judgements about it, cos I think this website will certainly go down in SG's history. And I know we are a family-friendly forum so we will not be issuing any of those vulgar threats (which of course, only reflect badly on the posters, regardless whether this webbie is ethic or not) the webbie has been receiving so far. I was quoting from someone else who posted some comments elsewhere in response to this webbie - yes, Uniquely Singapore cos this can only happen in SG, I guess.

P.S. Lia Gao means monkey catching in Hokkien, but it's not the literal meaning. As befitting the significance of the website, Lia Gao is a tongue-in-cheek phrase which means catching sneaky lovers (usually of the illicit kind) in the act:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...054832605.html

http://geylangchecker.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by yy; 15-07-11 at 08:50 PM. Reason: add phrase
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

PJ_Quek (21-07-11)

Thanks

Re: "Uniquely Singapore" - Our Very Own Lia Gao ("Monkey" Catcher) Webbie

Mods or Administrators, may I allow to post this article? If there is any inappropriate in it, pls do feel free to delete it

Geylang Checker 'dream team' to patrol Geylang?
    Extracted from The Straits Times
    By June Cheong

Geylang Checker may send a 'dream team', comprising men and women who know Geylang well or who are experts in guerilla tactics, to patrol Geylang. -- PHOTO: RAZOR TV

GEYLANG Checker may send a 'dream team', comprising men and women who know Geylang well or who are experts in guerilla tactics, to patrol Geylang.

That is if the controversial website, which posts pictures of men in Geylang, gets 70 or more comments denouncing Singaporean men's infidelity.

The website founder, who only wants to be known as Angie, had thought about shutting the website down earlier as she and her team felt that not many women had complained about Singaporean men and that perhaps their service of taking pictures and videos of men in Geylang was not needed.

She then issued a '50 comments challenge', saying she would shut the website down if she did not get 50 negative comments about Singaporean men's fidelity.

Later she upped the ante by posting that Geylang Checker would send a 'dream team' to Geylang if the website got 70 comments or more.

Source
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_692637.html
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasonkoh82 For This Useful Post:

PJ_Quek (21-07-11)

Thread Information