Thanks

Getting Laos visa upon entry at Thai-Laos border: photographs?

Hello,

I'm in Chiang Mai and plan to enter Laos at Huay Xai and get my visa from Laos authorities at the border. Does one need to bring passport photos to get the visa? Guidebooks are unclear about this: one declares that you can get by without the photographs for a small extra fee, but the other says nothing about this. So far I haven't noticed any places here in Chiang Mai that will take passport photographs (but I only started looking). I asked at one travel agency, and they'll get you a visa (takes a couple days) but don't take passport photos.

Most interested in whether I can get the visa upon entry without bringing photos. Barring that, any ideas where in Chiang Mai I can get photos taken?

thanks!

Thanks

Re: Getting Laos visa upon entry at Thai-Laos border: photographs?

There is a passport/visa photo shop behind the Chiang Mai Immigration Office in Airport Road about 400 m toward the airport from Airport Plaza. 100 B gets a set of 4 photos.
    Last edited by Bob; 06-08-11 at 02:31 PM. Reason: error

Thanks

How can you miss them, Chiang Mai being a big City there are plenty of Shops which take photographs, almost all Shops if not all which have Photos developed also take Passport Photographs.

And if you are unsure about Regulations need/or not need Photograph I would always choose that you need it, it's not expensive and if you don't need them in the end just keep them for the future there will always be a situation where you might need them again.

Anyway where do you stay in Chiang Mai, why not asking Hotel Staff or somebody outside, a Local Shop Owner etc., everybody will know where you can find a Shop which takes Photographs.

Sometimes I wonder how people can survive anyway in another Country, Communication is the Secret.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    There is a passport/visa photo shop behind the Chiang Mai Immigration Office in Airport Road about 400 m toward the airport from Airport Plaza. 100 B gets a set of 4 photos.

Thanks! I ended up getting them at the 'Fujfilm' place on Th. Moon Muang a little up from Th. Rachamanka. 4 photos, 80 baht.

Cheers,
    Visitor10

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Wow, cool, u got a good deal at THB80!
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 847 Posts

I've looked at a few guidebooks and they all say you need a photo and the name of the hotel you are staying.

David

Thread Information