PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
:) Hapi National Day SG!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

:) Hapi National Day SG!

Wishing all SGians an early (4 hours in advance) Happy National Day, may peace and harmony stay with us for always, and our economy strengthen from year to year.

I have no photos or anything to show of National Day this year, so please add yours if you planning to go somewhere to celebrate tomorrow. Happy holiday!
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Re: :) Hapi National Day SG!

is it the anniversary of independence?
    if it is - there was an excellent documentary about the history of SG a couple of years ago (Discovery? NatGeo?). I vividly remember how Lee Kuan Yew was crying when he announced the independence of the country (SG being expelled from Malaysia). must be a truly one and only moment in history, independence as a moment of national tragedy!

hope you have a day off, enjoy!

(here is a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sStDe...eature=related )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

yy (08-08-11)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Yes, our day of independence, after British colony and being once part of Malaya (Malaysia)....

Thanks, I will enjoy this important day tomorrow...
    Last edited by yy; 08-08-11 at 10:42 PM.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    is it the anniversary of independence?
    if it is - there was an excellent documentary about the history of SG a couple of years ago (Discovery? NatGeo?). I vividly remember how Lee Kuan Yew was crying when he announced the independence of the country (SG being expelled from Malaysia). must be a truly one and only moment in history, independence as a moment of national tragedy!

Yes
    hope you have a day off, enjoy!

(here is a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sStDe...eature=related )
    Yes and I'm a vivid of Notes Collector! I do have the currency of Board of Commissioners of Currency Malaya and British Borneo of Queen Elizabeth II (1954) from $1 till $50 and the second series of 1959. and it was used in the Federation of Malaya.

1954 Series

1959 Series

Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

Oh yes! SG 1st independence currency which was called Orchid Series...

If you had kept this seal of Dragon and Phoenix of Mr Goh Keng Swee's signature and will be sightly expensive than the others. Don't ask me why which I myself don't even know the ans

Last edited by Jasonkoh82; 08-08-11 at 10:45 PM.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

do you happen to have any notes of the world record holder currency regarding "worst inflation ever"? the highest denomination was 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 .
    I wonder if you know about this one :-)
    sorry about the derail here (again....)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    do you happen to have any notes of the world record holder currency regarding "worst inflation ever"? the highest denomination was 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 .
    I wonder if you know about this one :-)
    sorry about the derail here (again....)
    Nope I didn't know. Could you mean Indonesia Rupiah? Because I see a lot of zerooos when I went to Borobudur with my friend

...and by the way, I also have the Banana Notes which was used in SG during WW2

Thanks

nope, not Indonesia, try again :-)
    this looks like toy money :-p from Monopoly or something. interesting.

Thanks

Haha Betti, you have given the hints...Monopoly lolx

Thanks

keep looking :-)

Thread Information