PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Safety concerns, convince the parents!
    Thanks

panic

Hi Everyone,
    Well my flight is booked and i have a little tour set up to get me and my friend situated, now it was to convince the family that im not going to never return, they are scared and think it is far to dangerous to even consider, and dont want me to go, (they odnt realize i have booked a ticket) im old enough to make my own decisions but i need them to realize it is safe, recently travel warnings have risen in and around Thailand, whats the verdict, how safe is it now? are these occurrences and threats as bad as it sounds?
    Thanks,
    Leah

Thanks
    Hi Leah,
    I'm sure that you've learned from this board and other media
    where in Thailand things are not well at the moment.
    Maybe review those specific areas with your folks and confirm that you will not be traveling to those regions.
    Plenty of travel info from most western governments on the web.
    You may also make a deal to email them every x days to
    let them know where you are and that you are safe and having the great time you will most likely be having.
    Of course you would have to keep to the agreed email schedule to avoid panic at home

Thanks
    Stay out of the South. The situation there is ripe for some anti-Western violence and ripe for general civil unrest that you could get inadvertantly caught up in. North of Phuket should be OK.

Thread Information