PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
The Indian Curry Storm in SG
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

The Indian Curry Storm in SG

Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

billyboy (29-08-11)

Thanks

Re: The Indian Curry Storm in SG

Lolz...the songs were so funny Billyboy needs to see them...hes got the same problem in UK...lolz
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trangam For This Useful Post:

billyboy (29-08-11), yy (29-08-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

The second video certainly is like, 'well' not a problem, but i do have to give notice to my neighbour when i am cooking curry because one time she told me that all the clothing that she had washed and hung to dry outside then had to be washed again because of my garlic/spicy/curry smells had gotten onto her washing and she had to wash it all again!

Hehe...Billy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

yy (29-08-11)

Thanks

Hey...!! I was like the thai curry it's pretty good first time in bkk the thai and looks like Indian family was cooked the delicious curry Pla,i'm not seeing the vedeo here but i got the article thru my mail inbox.i thougt that in Thailand there're lots of diversity immigrants people,but the majority are Chinese Thai so the cooking style are little different,the westwern cooked are really good,too.i just met a Thai busness man here he cooked very delicious,he boast about his experienced use to served the king dishes,i said Hallwlujah this in unforgetable taste!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahindrasarath View Post
    .i just met a Thai busness man here he cooked very delicious,he boast about his experienced use to served the king dishes,i said Hallwlujah this in unforgetable taste!!!!

That must be one great cook, hope you have had the chance to taste his cooking!
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...

Thanks

Glad that you guys like the songs, I think they are funny and entertaining too hahaha And it's good that Singaporeans are speaking out about our rights to our food heritage, because curry is such a staple dish in SG homes. All the local Indians, Chinese and Malays cook or buy and eat it regularly, at least once weekly or fortnightly. For example, the roti prata dish (although our health department is trying hard to no avail to convert Sgians to its healthier cousin, the chapati) sung about in the 3rd video is a very common breakfast item and people like it so much that some have it almost everyday. It's so popular that almost, if not all, coffeeshops and hawker centres sell it. Even during my past 6 months here in Oz, I have cooked Indian curry several times and also bought the frozen prata to go with it. One of my farang housemates' favourite food (she has it for dinner most of the week) is a variation of Indian curry - frozen or homecooked tika, or butter chicken with rice. One interesting fact out of the SG Indian Curry storm is that some people (and they are not Indians by the way, so it shows our national solidarity especially when it comes to our rights to curry!) organized a mass campaign to cook a pot of curry on a fixed certain day, and it gathered 48,000 supporters who said they agreed to do so on that day in their house.

Just wondering; how many of the Singlish words can you understand? e.g. balek kampung = go back to your 'kampong' (Malay word for village) = get lost, go back to where you come from e.g. "You balek kampong la, you spoilspot!" / pass away e.g. "My dog balek kampong liao last year..."

And funny thing, the 3rd video (my fav one among the 4) seems to be mimicking the Thai raggae, Job2Do!

Poor Billy, how often are you curfewed to cook your yummy curry now?
    Last edited by yy; 29-08-11 at 08:54 PM.

Thread Information