PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Tips: Removing junk files, deleting browsing history and temp files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Tips: Removing junk files, deleting browsing history and temp files

Here are some interesting information that I had found while google...Hope this information help. Pls feel feel to add in or recommend us some tips

Removing junk files, deleting browsing history and temp files
    Author: Tomaz | Posted at: 3/26/2009 | Filed Under: tutorial |

The longer you use Windows Operating system the more personal data is stored in different locations such as temporary folder, MRU lists and registry. This information is scattered all around and after a while it grows so huge in size that it might begin to slow down computer. But sluggish performance as a consequence of the latter is not the only issue it emerges. Privacy is perhaps even more important. In this article I will walk you through a process of permanently deleting personal information on your computer.

All this personal info tells a lot about what you are doing on computer, what web pages you are surfing what documents you have used recently, what were your unread emails, who sent them, what files you opened for the last time, what programs you run etc. To get rid of this concern this is what to do!

Delete Internet Browser history and cookies.
    Internet browser stores probably most important information of you web activity so it is always a good idea to erase it frequently. To do this manually, simply go to your browser's tools and options menu and choose delete private data. Thus you will erase a lot of personal information although for a more thorough process I advice you to use an automated system such as free Index data analyzer.

Delete temporary internet files, recycle bin and thumbnails
    Free CCleaner cleaning utility does a very good job here, but if you prefer to manually erase these files, start Disk Cleanup Windows built-in utility and follow instructions.

Delete MRU lists
    This is something a lot of users do not know about but is equally important. Cleaning temp files and cookies, does not erase registry inputs, hidden deeply in Windows "core" environment. For this, you need to go a little more advanced. For the job I recommend a free MRU-blaster.

Source
    http://www.pcterritory.net/2009/03/g...p-windows.html
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jasonkoh82 For This Useful Post:

dbm (25-09-11), Marie (23-09-11), Susana (23-09-11)

Thanks

Re: Tips: Removing junk files, deleting browsing history and temp files

All now has been deleited.

Thanks

Here are the two more files which you might consider removing it. I tried on my lappy and it does tune up your system...

What are HIBERFIL. SYS and PAGEFILE. SYS?

HIBERFIL.SYS AND PAGEFILE.SYS are system-generated files. They are used by Windows for hibernation and virtual memory control.

HIBERFIL.SYS

HIBERFIL.SYS is a file the system creates when the computer goes into hibernation mode. Windows uses the file when it is turned back on. If you don't need hibernation mode and want to delete the file you need to turn the hibernation option off before Windows will allow you to delete the file. The procedure for turning hibernation off differs markedly between Windows XP and Vista. The file size depends largely on the size of active RAM in the computer as the contents of the file are basically a RAM image.

PAGEFILE.SYS

PAGEFILE.SYS is the virtual memory file Windows uses. Typically, on install, Windows sets the size of the file at around 1.5 times your physical memory size however this size will vary depending on the amount of free space on the disk when the file is established and other factors. Most will find the default size works fine but it can be changed. Windows uses this file for its normal operation however if you really need the space you can delete it after turning the virtual memory option off but be aware that this can cause extreme instability in Windows to the point where it might stop so do this at your own risk...

Source

Why would I recommend to remove the PAGEFILE.SYS using WIN PE Boot Disk and use file explorer to safety remove it?

Ans: Using WIN PE to boot because your main Operating System (OS) will not be used by it. Trust me, I had done it today before.

FOR WIN PE, you could try to use hiren boot cd to load up and remove PAGEFILE.SYS. Wait don't be impatient to reboot, you have to use a defragger to defrag your OS Partition Drive so as your data will have quicker access within shortest time.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Thanks

The free CCleaner is excellent for cleaning up your computer, but also Advanced System Care - it's free but so great I paid $12 for the full version. The benefits are that you can select what you want to clean, erase, maintain or scan and it runs constantly in the background. The 'Turbo Boost' setting is particularly effective; internet surfing is noticeably improved as non-essential functions are closed.

Thanks

I also use CCleaner. it works great for cleaning your cookies...

Thanks

Hi guys, I just thought I'd give a heads-up on a new product; Advanced System Care with Antivirus 2013. As I wrote above in October last year ('11) I'm a fan of Advanced System Care for cleaning up junk files and keeping my laptop running quickly. It's one of the few products I'll actually part money with, even my Windows 7 is a 400baht pirated version from 2009 and I usually download all my programs from piratebay. However, there is now a new ASC with Antivirus for 2013 which solves the previous need for running seperate antivirus. I've been running it for a few weeks and it's been okay, I've even decided not to renew my McAffee subscription. You can try it free for a month from the iobit.com site, or download it for free from piratebay with serial keys.

Thanks

I personally wouldn't recommend using pirated software. To me it's like ordering a big meal in a restaurant and walking out without paying. There are very good Linux distributions and open source programs available as an alternative.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misterA For This Useful Post:

PakDude (15-07-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misterA View Post
    I personally wouldn't recommend using pirated software. To me it's like ordering a big meal in a restaurant and walking out without paying. There are very good Linux distributions and open source programs available as an alternative.
    Yes, you're right, I've been living in Thailand for too long! Microsoft charge silly prices in Thailand for genuine Windows; I tried to take the moral high-ground and used Ubuntu a few years ago but got sick of all the bugs and glitches - getting drivers for printers, video drivers, flash plugins that constantly crash, codecs - I just want my media to play without having to constantly download extra packages - you get what you pay for, and the joy of three-years of flawless Windows 7 for a few hundred baht has over-ridden any moral issues I used to harbor. Sad but true.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PakDude For This Useful Post:

misterA (16-07-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Have you tried a dual boot system? I am told -and read-Ubuntu is a lot friendlier now days -I left it for the same reasons as yourself, but have been thinking of giving it another go. Anyway, you might find this a useful read.

http://blog.sudobits.com/2012/04/14/...-ubuntu-12-04/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

misterA (16-07-12)

Thanks

I can't say I disagree with you about Microsoft, with new releases and high prices. On one computer I run Vista and I'll probably keep it until they stop supporting it. I currently run Linux Mint with the Mate desktop on another older computer. Linux Mint is a Ubuntu based distribution also. I like it so far and it does most things I need to do without upgrading to the latest greatest hardware.

Thread Information