PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Why are you in college?
    Thanks

question

I would like to know why students around the world are in college. Is it by choice, expectation, or money. Please explain why.

Thanks
    I went to University by choice, somewhere along my eduaction route I seemed to enjoy learning. Some teacher somewhere must have done something right I only wish I would have studied a bit harder in High School then I would not be so far into debt
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks
    I'm in college to obtain a professional degree in order to secure a good job and career later in life.

Thanks

Oopsie...

I'm currently in college by choice. There is just too many lay off in the US where some of the jobs are being outsource to other parts of the world. To obtain just a BA is comparable to a high school diploma here. Its not worth very much these days...

Thanks
    By choice, just as makiy0, a hope for a secure future. But behind this is also expectation. Being the middle child, both of the older bro and sis are done with higher education, it's sort of an expectation from my parent. Also, an opportunity that not everyone have. But this is for me; beside, college is an awesome experience.

Thanks
    College education was/is a tool for me to make my dream reality (part of it, anyway... ). An added bonus was meeting exceptional educators now and then. These scholars expanded my horizon and even changed the way I view the world. One really cannot put a price tag on that!

Thanks
    I went to a two year community college and received my associate degree in baking. I am now a pastry chef at a resort. I spent alot of time enhancing my skills by reading and trying. I guess you could say I went to learn a trade.

Ajink Guest
    To get education of our own choice and our own college, friends and fun

Thread Information