PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Press Release: Earthquake of the coast of Bali.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Earthquake of the coast of Bali.

There has been an earthquake of the coast of Bali with it's epicentre being at the Bali capital of Densepar the TV and press have anounced. Reports say the earthquake was of 6.o magnitude and as of yet there are no Tsunami warnings.

There is a report here in this link from the UK Telegraph news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-of-Bali.html

Uk text news says other places like Lombok also affected, several people critical and many with wounds caused by falling debris.

Billy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Earthquake of the coast of Bali.

WOW and i've only just come back from Indonesia. I was in Bali end September - beginning October. On the 14th i was in Sulawesi. I flew back from Bali though on the 24th Oct and noone there mentioned it. Strange but lucky for me i guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arwing View Post
    WOW and i've only just come back from Indonesia. I was in Bali end September - beginning October. On the 14th i was in Sulawesi. I flew back from Bali though on the 24th Oct and noone there mentioned it. Strange but lucky for me i guess.

this post is 4 years old.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post

this post is 4 years old.
    Ahh i only noticed the day and month part of the date on original post. Wow, do i feel stupid. That would explain why i heard nothing about it while in Indonesia. The main news there during my visit was the cloud of smoke from the fires in Borneo that are now raging out of control. Grounded flights, air polution and more. It's a nightmare in Sumatra and north Sulawesi right now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (07-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Hi Arwing,

Good to see you back in the forums, hope your travels are going well. Just wondering if you have any information regarding the smoke problems in Malaysia? I shall be traveling there pretty soon, I have read a bit on the web but it is always good to hear from someone close to there or has been there.

Thanks,

Billy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Hi Arwing,

Good to see you back in the forums, hope your travels are going well. Just wondering if you have any information regarding the smoke problems in Malaysia? I shall be traveling there pretty soon, I have read a bit on the web but it is always good to hear from someone close to there or has been there.

Thanks,

Billy.
    All i know is the fires raging in Borneo now are out of control. They're "supposed" to blaze degraded forest to make way for agriculture (usually palm oil plantations), though i have no doubt healthy forest is also being blazed. However, due to poor control and an unusually long drought this dry season (Malaysia and Indonesia's dry/wet seasons are at a different time to the rest of S.E.Asia), the fires are spreading and are now out of control.

The whole of Sumatra is blanketed in a cloud of smoke. View points and the like? - don't even bother. You can't see anything. Java, Bali, Flores and south/mid Sulawesi were fine, but in Palu, which is on the west coast of Sulawesi and opposite Borneo, is having big problems. As you can see from the last picture, i very nearly didn't make it back to Bali to catch my flight back to Thailand.

While i don't know the exact regions, i know it's affecting Singapore, Malaysia and southern Thailand as all 3 governments have complained to the Indonesian government. I'm guessing north of KL will be better, though if Thailand is being afftected, then i assume most of Malaysia is. As for it been bad enough to ground flights, that will only be near Borneo, so the southern tip of Malaysia around Singapore may have issues. Though this problem is getting worse, not better. Yet it's receiving no global coverage?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	21650
    This was what the view points in Sumatra looked like. That's not cloud or overcast weather. It's smoke.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	21651
    This was south Sulawesi and the Nusa Tenggara areas view points. Lovely, and what Sumatra should have been like.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	21652
    This was the scene at the airport when leaving Indonesia. Note the "bad weather" is the smoke from Borneo's fires.
    Last edited by Arwing; 07-11-15 at 11:09 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

billyboy (07-11-15), emu (07-11-15)

Thread Information