PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Krabi / Phi Phi good in May?
    Thanks

Krabi / Phi Phi good in May?

Has anyone been in Krabi / PhiPhi during May? I've heard it rains a lot - will it ruin a beach vacation?

Thanks
    I was in Ao Nang, Krabi one week ago and it rained like every 2 days or something. But usually it only rains for 1-2 hours so the rest of the day is ok. Also during nights. When it's not raining, it is pretty cloudy though so if you want a beach recomendation I suggest you choose a different month or a different location =)

Thanks
    Hi,

I just came back from Phi Phi last week.
    I would say in May is the starting of the rainny season. But you still can enjoy sunshine and beach since mostly it rains in afternoon or evening.
    By the way if you plan to do diving or snokelling then it is not good time because of the current.
    The advantage of visiting Krabi or Phiphi during this month is that everything is cheaper than in the high season.

Have a good time.

Neung

Thanks
    Hi sukoto,
    You should have not problems in May. If it rains, it is usually in the evening and not for a long period. In June it will starting raining even more.

Thanks
    Beware of flooding!

Thread Information