PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Any Possibility of Floods In Thailand/Laos in January?
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Any Possibility of Floods In Thailand/Laos in January?

Hi all,

I understand that nobody here is God who can forecast the future However, I'm wondering, in a related way, if anyone can advise on when the dry season usually starts in Thailand and Laos i.e. will it still be very prone to regular heavy rain in Jan of each year?

I must say that the weather has been very dry and sunny during the two times or so that I had been to Thailand in Jan/Feb, but maybe I had just been lucky that's all.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Re: Any Possibility of Floods In Thailand/Laos in January?

Erm, I found out that it is the dry season from November to Feb each year, so most probably there won't be flooding. (Actually had wanted to delete the thread after that, but for some reasons, the "delete thread" button is eluding me today :( ).
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yy View Post
    (Actually had wanted to delete the thread after that, but for some reasons, the "delete thread" button is eluding me today :( ).
    Because you had posted it more than two hours previous.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

yy (29-10-11)

Thanks

I haven't heard anything from Laos even i reading news paper several days a week.except Cambodia and Thailand the floodwater tide destroying everything this year,i am lucky cos i am not causing by flood here but my house in SR is go flooded.Maybe it has no rain on January according the country that has the monsoon season it's near to the summer and hot,maybe in Laos probably a little bit still cold because it's close to China my friend was in Beijing about this month told me it's frozen.hope you can understand with my poor Eng.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahindrasarath For This Useful Post:

yy (29-10-11)

Thanks

when it rained on Christmas day 2 years ago, someone looked it up and found that it didn't rain, not once, in December in the previous 10 years.
    I don't know about southern and central Thailand, but up here we always go without any rain whatsoever, or only one or two light showers from November until March (at least) but in 2006, after the previous flood (not quite as bad as this one but almost) there was no rain at all from the end of September until songkran (that's 6.5 completely dry months) and we ended up with the worst forest fires and horrible haze. and devastating droughts as well of course.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

yy (29-10-11)

Thread Information