PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Car care in Thailand
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Car care in Thailand

Hi, I'm living and working in Samut Prakan and wanted to share my recent discovery of an old product called 'Nu Finish' which has turned out to be fantastic for protecting your car's finish in Thailand. As most of you must find, cars get filthy rather quickly and traditional waxes don't last too long what with the humidity, rain and frequent washes. I've used all sort of waxes; Turtle wax, Meguiar's, Mother's - all are excellent but rarely last more than a few months. I've always been adverse to buying anything that is spelt incorrectly, but I took the gamble and found Nu Finish to be excellent. It's from the US, in an orange bottle and the marketing department deserve to be fired. It's branded 'The Once a Year Car Polish' but it's not a polish or wax, it's a synthetic sealant. It also misleadingly claims 'No Rubbing or Buffing needed' - when obviously you need to get it on somehow! It's an old product; you can find videos on youtube from the '70s, but it really works and I don't think I'll use anything else. It's so simple to apply with just a circular waxing sponge, and then removing the residue with a circular microfibre polishing sponge is a cinch, there's no powdering and it's very easy. Best of all, as it contains no wax, it really lasts at least 6 months, if not the year claimed, as water still beads easily and washing doesn't remove it.
    If you still want the visual appeal of a quality paste wax, I'd recommend using Nu Finish as a base and then something decent like Meguiar's Ultimate over the top. That way your car is still protected between waxes.

Thanks

Re: Nu Finish: great for car care in Thailand

Does this product contain a UV (Ultraviolet) filter to protect your paint from fading and pealing. And if it Does have a UV filter, what is its Sun protection factor (SPF) rating. It's no use having a UV filter with out a rating because a UV filter with an SPF of a factor 1 would be basically useless. A product needs to be backed up with technical specifications as some times marketers get away with just say it has UV protection which could be so minimal it is irrelevant.
    Last edited by paul_au; 29-10-11 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks

Hi PakDude, do you get a Bonus by promoting the Product
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Does Nu Finish provide UVA/UVB protection?

Nu Finish Car Polish does have UV protection. In fact, we originally tested our car polish on automobiles in Florida in order to expose them to the greatest punishment. Our results ultimately lead to the statement that our product is the once-a-year car polish.

This is all I found about UV protection on their website http://nufinish.com/faq/car-polish
    It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi ~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Please answer djaidee's question-are you in any way financially connected with this product?
    If so you need to contact Admin immediately to discuss advertising rates or risk having your posts on this subject deleted-or even being barred as a spammer!

Thanks

Hi,
    I just checked back on this thread, I didn't know there were replies. No, I'm not connected financially with this product, I'm just a lowly teacher wanting to share advice! sorry for any confusion caused, I didn't mean it to sound like an advert, lol - Nu finish is an imported product from the US, stocked in many supermarkets in Thailand. I was just so pleased to have found an effective product I thought I'd share. I'd noticed it before but was put off (silly orange bottle, stupid claims) and thought others might be in the same position, that's all.
    In answer to Paul, sorry I don't know whether nu finish offers UV protection, but all modern cars have a clear coat of paint which protects the paint underneath anyway.

Thanks

It's amazing the amount of what looks like spam on these forums for totally random things. Being a car enthusiast I could give you a lot better advice than buying these magic in a bottle products. Such as claying your car, polishing, laying down sealant, then a good wax. I would not recommend Nu Finish. Google around and find detailing forums if you're serious about learning how to take care of your car.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badfish View Post
    It's amazing the amount of what looks like spam on these forums for totally random things. Being a car enthusiast I could give you a lot better advice than buying these magic in a bottle products. Such as claying your car, polishing, laying down sealant, then a good wax. I would not recommend Nu Finish. Google around and find detailing forums if you're serious about learning how to take care of your car.
    Sure, I agree with you - I've always used Meguiar’s professional detailing clay with great results and their Ultimate paste wax is probably my favorite wax to use, but my thread was about the fact that in Thai heat and humidity, these waxes sadly don't last that long at all. I thought others might have had similar frustration. Nu finish isn't 'magic in a bottle' - it's just a synthetic sealant. I'll admit I got a bit carried away writing the thread after a few drinks, but I was just so surprised that an American product invented decades ago has proven to be so resilient to conditions in Thailand. Sealants have obvious limitations, like they won't cover swirl marks on dark cars like pastes and sprays of course, but when I tried Meguiar’s #20 Polymer Sealant - rated for 6 months - it barely lasted 3 (I drive daily and wash frequently), so I thought it's worth recommending Nu Finish as it's lasted at least 6 months so far, even if it may not yet last the full year as claimed.

Thanks

There is a line of Dutch products, Dulon, that has everything you need. Long lasting protection (also in Thailand!) and great shine. My experience in the Med (beating sun and salt water) it lasts at least a year. Just keep it up with their shampoo and 12 months would not be a surprise. I just found out that they now also have a distributor of their products in Thailand that serves the ASEAN region. Its not expensive, easy to use and environmental friendly (no petroleum destil etc.). But like any other wax or sealant product, if you don't do a good pre-treatment there will be no product in the markets that will last long. So clean good, and than apply the protection. I don't know where you can buy the products but check out their website which surely will have something like Dulon and Asia or Thailand in its web address. Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WeenDwijler For This Useful Post:

PakDude (03-07-12)

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the tip, I'm always on the look-out for new products. Just to give an update on my original post in October '11 when Nu Finish had lasted 6 months - actually it didn't last much more than that so the 1 year claim didn't work out for me. To do a fair test I had used Megiuar's smooth surface clay bar kit prior to applying the Nu Finish back in June '11. By my reckoning it lasted until January this year and that was after giving a second coat a month later (as per instructions) in July '11.
    I then re-cleaned the car with another clay bar kit and tried Megiuar's new synthetic sealant (#21) and that's still holding up after 6 months so it easily equals the Nu Finish I was raving about last October. I was a little premature in my judgement so apologies to all concerned!

Thread Information