PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Taxi from Impact Arena on midnight?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Taxi from Impact Arena on midnight?

hello, nice to meet you all. i have been lurking in this forum for days and decided to regist. I'm from Indonesia.

i am going to visit Thailand in march for concert in Impact Arena.
    Booked my hotel in Makasan

my friend rent a car for about 12 people for transportation in bangkok. it cost about 1660 baht / person (airport - hotel - impact- hotel - airport )

but me and my other friend decided to use public transportation because we thought its gonna be cheaper and i have been told about traffic problems if we use car.

what i want to ask are:
    - any transportation advices for us? i'm planning to use BTS Sky Train which is close from our hotel and get a taxi from MOchit to Impact..
    - the concert will end on midnight, can we get any taxi from impact? is it safe?
    - is there any 'a must visit' near our hotel (makasan)? we will love foods or any traditional goods to buy as souvenirs

thank you so much for any replies, and i'm sorry for my bad english

Thanks

Re: Taxi from Impact Arena on midnight?

1660/pax sound steed. Taxi from airport to makasan cost around 250 thb and makasan to impact cost prolly around 200thb. It's relatively easy to get taxi from Impact but some of them might try a quick one on you since you are foreigner. Just get the next taxi if they refuse to turn on the meter. Personally I don't see the need to take sky train to mochit and then change to taxi. Might as well just take taxi all the way.
    Makasan is between Ratchadar and Asoke. Coincidentally there are 2 new shopping malls in both Rachadar and Asoke. There is Central Ratchadar ( opp fortune) and Terminal 21 at Asoke BTS.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

I have always had good luck at Impact with taxis. But, I have always used them after daytime venues.

Once, on another forum, I said as much and was told that, after concerts, taxis are few and few between, in that area.

Unfortunately, the venue is off the beaten path, in its own little world.

Thanks

thank you Bucky and curt

i'm afraid if i can't get any taxi from Impact to hotel.

by the way, i heard that thailand's traffic during daytime is bad, so that's why we thought about using sky train and take Impact bus. oh, does anybody know how much impact bus cost?

thank you once again
    Last edited by peku; 17-01-12 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks

hi, peku...

i also do have the same "worry" (taxi at midnight from impact arena) because my family and i are going to bangkok too this march to watch a concert. i actually have options. first one is, a car service. i am planning to book a car service that will pick us up from impact. it's a bit pricey (for me) but at least you're sure that after the concert, a service is already waiting for you outside the venue and will take you back to your hotel. this is, i think, the better option for first timers in bangkok. the cheapest service that i found is 800 baht for a car and 1200 baht for a van. you can search the web for car transfers in bangkok and you'll definitely find one. just take your pick...

the second option that i'm looking at is the bts/mrt. if the concert will end at around 11pm and the nearest station is only a few minutes away by foot and if there are a lot of people who will be going there also then i think, i would go for this option since this is way, way cheaper and faster than renting a car service. but i'm still doing some readings if this second option is feasible. and also hopefully, someone here help me choose which one is better...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

EastSeajewel, where is your hotel located? And how many are you? I am asking because these are factors to be considered. For instance, if you're more than 4/5 you may need 2 cabs. Or how far is Arena from your hotel. Or how far is the train station from your hotel, if you choose BTS/MRT, in which case you might need to take another transport if the distance is far.

But perhaps you have considered the above. Good luck-mabuhay!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EastSeaJewel View Post
    the second option that i'm looking at is the bts/mrt. if the concert will end at around 11pm and the nearest station is only a few minutes away by foot and if there are a lot of people who will be going there also then i think, i would go for this option since this is way, way cheaper and faster than renting a car service.
    There's no BTS or MRT nearby Impact Arena at all.

If travelling is a concern, you can try staying one night at Novotel Impact although there's nothing much to do at night around Impact unless you know your way around..... there're couple nice restaurants nearby and there's a Central at Cheangwattana Road...

Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BUCKY For This Useful Post:

EastSeaJewel (02-03-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peku View Post

by the way, i heard that thailand's traffic during daytime is bad, so that's why we thought about using sky train and take Impact bus. oh, does anybody know how much impact bus cost?
    I'm not sure which buses go to Impact and its fare. But I know there have vans from Impact to victory monument which cost around 30baht....

Thanks

hi, marie.

thank you for your response...

we have booked ourselves at the residence rajtaevee hotel (address: 588/1 petchburi road, rataevee, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10400, thailand). it's at the siam area, as per the hotel's official website. i am really not sure how far is it from the arena. do you have an idea...?
    and we will only be needing one cab because there are only 2 of us watching the concert. how much do you think would it cost us from the arena to our hotel? and where exactly around the arena should we go to get a cab? do they have taxi bays there...?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

According to Bucky-

There's no BTS or MRT nearby Impact Arena at all.

I'm not sure which buses go to Impact and its fare. But I know there have vans from Impact to victory monument which cost around 30baht....
    That means the train is out of the question. Your other options now are buses or vans going to Victory Monument. The hotel you booked is not far from Victory. So from Impact you can take a van or bus going to Victory then a cab to the hotel. There are usually many taxis in Victory since it is a busy area.

Somebody might be able to give info, though, about taxis straight from Impact to your hotel. But I will try to ask some Thais. When is your trip?

Thread Information