PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Good .. The bad and the ugly tour ...
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good .. The bad and the ugly tour ...

Well this is my first post on this forum .... So hi to everyone.
    Thought I would start with a recent trip report .. I live in Chonburi and my best friend and his girlfriend came for a visit over the Christmas and New Year period. It was a first visit for the both of them ... And they wanted to see a bit of Thailand ... So we did the following ... I called it the Good, the bad and ugly tour ... I let you work out which one is the ugly ..

We started with 3 nights in Pattaya ... We live about an hour from Pattaya ... And as much as it has a lot of girly bars ... If you ignore them ... Its a ok place. Just thought it would be a place to start ... Not that far from the airport ... Stayed in a nice hotel on second road called Sabai Resort ... Did the markets ... And beach ... And the 3 days went by very quickly ... Had a few drinks in a bar ... And no problems when you have your wife with you ... Very friendly and cheap drinks !!

From there we went for a week to Koh Chang .... It was our second time there ... I really love this place ... Has everything I love on holiday ... And the most beautiful beaches and picture card blue sea ... Christmas day we did a 5 island boat trip ... Snorkeling with some beautiful colour fish. Again a nice hotel called the Klong Prao ... That week whizzed past ... From there we had a night at ours ... Showed them a bit of our town ... Ate in a nice restaurant in Bang Saen.

From there we spent 3 nights at kanchanaburi ... Went to a beautiful national park and a place called Erawan waterfalls .... Well worth the visit ... Bit of a trek up to the 7 levels ... But to swim in a spring water pond is great ... Bit cold ... lol.

Did the bridge and railway visit ... The cemetery is kept in such a lovely condition ... Certainly worth the visit ...
    Went to a nice restaurant to see the New Year in ... Although the taxi did not go down well with my mates girlfriend ... Who had spent 2 hours getting ready !!
    It was a motorbike and side car taxi ... Hence the saying "Come on the back of a motorbike." Have a great photo ... But not sure how to attach it ? Oh well gave me a good laugh ... Nice little family run hotel there ... Sabai@kan.

Finished the trip with 2 nights in Bangkok ... We stayed at the tallest hotel in Thailand .. The Baiyoke Sky ... It has a revolving platform at the top ... The views are fantastic .... Did a visit to the Royal Palace .... And a couple of markets ...

So that was the trip .... My friends want to come back ... So that's a good sign.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoistman For This Useful Post:

fileeep (24-01-12), Marie (24-01-12), Susana (24-01-12)

Thanks

Re: Good .. The bad and the ugly tour ...

How to Post Pictures is explained here:

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/show...s-on-the-Forum

Would love to see some from your Trip

Couldn't figure out so what was "Bad and Ugly" about this Tour, all sounded pretty good
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to djaidee For This Useful Post:

hoistman (24-01-12)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Attachment 16104

Not sure if I have done this right ... So only attach this one to start with ...

Should be the motorbike taxi !!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Attachment 16105Attachment 16106Attachment 16107Attachment 16108

Ok some of Koh Chang ... Couple of pointers ... The life jacket didn't come in XL ... And I wondered what had become of Lenny Henry !!! (British comic)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Attachment 16109Attachment 16110Attachment 16111Attachment 16112

Last lot for now ... The hotel at Pattaya ... Waterfall ... The bridge and the view from the top of the Baiyoke Sky ..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoistman For This Useful Post:

djaidee (25-01-12), Susana (24-01-12)

Thread Information