Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Age difference ..

There is a 10 year age difference between me and my wife. When we first met, I was 46 and she was 36. Our relationship is better than anything I had ever hoped it would be. Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I wouldn't rule out any opportunity because of gross generalizations. Statistics and probabilities are something one should always keep in mind, but everyone is an individual and every relationship between two individuals should be evaluated only on the basis of the two individuals involved. In short, be open to all possibilities for happiness, always keep your eyes open, and don't allow yourself to be blinded by stereotypes .
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to visionchaser45 For This Useful Post:

aardvark (30-01-12), David_Loves_Ubonwan (29-01-12), hoistman (29-01-12), xfiles20001999 (29-01-12), yy (29-01-12)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nice post visionchaser45 ... What's the old saying ... Age is just a number ... I certainly don't ever feel the age difference between my wife and me makes any odds. In actual fact I think Thai people don't make a big thing out of age ... They certainly don't make a big thing out of birthdays here !!! My step-son was 18 last month !! I didn't even know until the evening of his birthday .. When my wife said .. Folk is going out with some friends for a meal .. He's 18 today !!! I ended up walking next door (He lives with his gran next door) and giving him 1000 baht. As for Christmas ... Well not this one just gone as we were away ... But the Christmas before ... We had our shop open !!! And not a sniff of turkey ...lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian71 View Post
    Hi hoistman, not sure about pauls supermarket coment? as anywhere in the world if you pestered a stranger in a shop you would be asked to leave the shop by security at the least.
    I don't pester woman, how ever I did date a check out chick from the supermarket. When I was shopping every week I would go to the same chick at the cash register and say hello, she eventually expected me to come and we went out, simple as that.

Thanks

Yeah, you score lots of points with women when you refer to them as 'chicks.' No doubt about it, you're a bona fide international playboy Paul.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to visionchaser45 For This Useful Post:

aardvark (30-01-12)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah you are such a catch Paul ...

Attachment 16139

Thanks

22 years difference between my wife and me. Some benefits due to our age difference are; financial security ( not stressing about money in a relationship is priceless). I'm more patient and less critical than I was 22 years ago, which, along with the fact that I've been married before, helps immensely in navigating our differences of opinion or my wife's difficulties navigating America.
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bassai For This Useful Post:

yy (30-01-12)

Thanks

If there is a big age difference people will talk. If the age difference is no issue people will find something else to gossip about. So in the end all that matters is that the two people in a partnership are happy with each other. Other people's opinions are really of no importance at all.

TomUK
    You are never too old to learn. You are never too young to teach.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TomUK For This Useful Post:

yy (30-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    I don't pester woman, how ever I did date a check out chick from the supermarket. When I was shopping every week I would go to the same chick at the cash register and say hello, she eventually expected me to come and we went out, simple as that.
    Hi Paul i think your misunderstanding the point im trying to make, and manybe be horrified when you realise, Some guys in Thailand hang around shopping centres, Supermarkets trying to chat up Thai women as if they are all available like the Girls in the bars they might also go to!!!!
    Now to me and most people this is totally unexceptable, as you would not do anywhere in the western world, well i hope not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by visionchaser45 View Post
    Yeah, you score lots of points with women when you refer to them as 'chicks.' No doubt about it, you're a bona fide international playboy Paul.
    Unlike some people I'm not a stuffed shirt and using the word chick in Australia is considdered a bit of fun, how ever, I did not refer to this woman as a chick's, I called her a check out chick singular. I don't refer to woman as chick's in general even though it's still very popular in Australia, speciality amongst the surfing community, but in Australia the check out chick is commonly used in the industry, it's a term of endearment and most check out chicks refer to them selves as such.

Thanks

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi ~

Thread Information