Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Tea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 831 Posts

Re: Green Tea

Quote Originally Posted by ian71 View Post
    Im suprised if this is calorie free, any type of carb/sugar has 4 cal per gram so if its like coke zero/diet coke it will be sweetners for the sweet taste, as honey is the same as a carbohydrate/sugar in calories, natral all not.
    It isn't, Oishi simply say it has fewer calories.

David

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djaidee View Post
    But be careful, don't drink to much of it as it has much sugar; I remember once in Thailand I was addicted to it and almost drunk it every day - in a few weeks I gained many extra Kilos of Weight 5555555555
    Now your not the only one to mention this fact to me ... I have to say I drink at least 2 bottles a day .. I did do some research regarding the amount of sugar ... All I could find out is there are no added preservatives ... That its 100% natural, and has zero calories. I haven't noticed any weight gain from drinking it everyday.
    Guys fluid is the quickest and fastest way to put on weight, if any drink is not sugar or calorie free, its like putting sugar into tea or coffee you will gain weight if you drink to much.
    This is why with tea/coffee its best to cut down on sugar in hot drinks or swap Coke for the Diet versions and stay away from energy/sports drinks like the plage if you have weight problems!

But like anything else in moderation there wont be a problem, but look at the 2 quotes above what works for some wont work for others,

but changing the name of sugar in advertisment is very clever to be able to add it without calling it sugar! but still adding it under a different name,

so if its not sugar free or calorie free and you dont want to get fat! dont drink anything that has sugar in it, as it will have lots of calories! end of story, 4 cal per gram what ever the sweet name might be chaged too.

and if it does not it will be a mix of sugar and sweetners to get the taste without the extra calories.drink at your own peril!!!! i quite like the yellow or orange lid ones but dont belive the hype about green tea! as these are sweet drinks with green tea in stick to green tea from leaves or a tea bag with hot/cold water if a health factor is what you want, dont be fooled into drinking sweet drinks and think your getting any health benifit, as when is weight gain a benifit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,388 Posts

Use the green tea tea bags-"Twinings Classic Pure" might be available in Thailand-that way YOU can control any added sweeteners

Thanks

The Co Op do lots of fair trade types of Green tea, they also do there own brand, half the price of most other brands, most come in 25 or 50 bag versions, compaired to normal tea bags green tea are fairly expensive, i have seen them for sale in 7-11 in Thailand, you have to make sure you check the main or only ingrediant is Green tea! not half half with some other rubbish or you wont get the required affects due from the green tea.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mmmm Well interesting replay's ... I think the bottom line here is Oishi must be taken to the law courts ... How dare they advertise no added additives .. 100% natural ... Zero calories !!! They must be hoodwinking me ... All that added sweetener I would have thought I would have put on a few pounds by now .... Oh well just off to the shops on my scooter to buy some water and a lemon.

Attachment 16126
    Last edited by hoistman; 27-01-12 at 09:08 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoistman For This Useful Post:

ian71 (27-01-12)

Thanks

If drinking Green Tea for health benefits, I think you should choose it very carefully. Oishi and also the Lipton's Lemon Tea is very nice. The problem is, we really don't know what artificial additives are added or how it is processed. Hence, a wrong choice will not only negate your primary intention, but would produce other negative results.

These sites give some info...
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...s-of-green-tea
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...spice&dbid=146
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255.htm
    It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi ~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ravip For This Useful Post:

Susana (27-01-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 851 Posts

What I understand is that all tea has anti-oxidant properties as well as other health benefits, and green tea is supposed to have more health properties than others.

I've been a lifelong tea drinker. One of my earliest memories is drinking an afternoon cup of tea with my mom while everyone else was at school. As an adult I have tried different teas and right now I have several varieties and flavors in my tea cabinet, including green tea.

I should be able to tolerate any tea, right? For some reason, however, I cannot drink green tea first thing in the morning, or on an empty stomach. I don't worry about it too much, with all those other teas to drink.

Ice tea? I'm a southerner ya'll, and we love our sweet tea. Nowadays I sweeten mine with unsweetened cranberry juice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

ian71 (27-01-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 851 Posts

A few days ago my daughter messaged me to say she has food poisoning. No surprise there, but naturally I did some googling to learn how to prevent future occurrences. There were many sites extolling the virtues of green tea as a natural anti-bacterial. The site I liked best was www.nursingdegree.net with it's '33 Health Benefits of Drinking Tea'. Tea is mentioned generally, but quite often green tea is mentioned specifically.

#28: "Tea can prevent food poisoning. Catechin, one of the bitter ingredients found in green tea has been shown to effectively kill the bacteria which cause food poisoning and minimize the effects of the toxins that are produced by those bacteria."

The good news for all you non tea drinkers is that evidently it is just as effective in pill form.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    #28: "Tea can prevent food poisoning. Catechin, one of the bitter ingredients found in green tea has been shown to effectively kill the bacteria which cause food poisoning and minimize the effects of the toxins that are produced by those bacteria."
    It's always difficult to extrapolate from test tube or small rodent studies, but the results of that research certainly does sound promising. This five-year-old paper summarizes a very broad range of research, but it's not the easiest reading. Mendel Friedman, Overview of antibacterial, antitoxin, antiviral, and antifungal activities of tea flavonoids and teas, Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2007, 51, 116 – 134 (PDF). Starting on p127 (p11 of the PDF), the author addresses the question of whether tea supplies flavonoids in sufficient quantity to be clinically significant. What I take away is "long-term consumptions of tea can result in the absorption and retention of sufficient amounts of flavonoids to exert beneficial antimicrobial effects" (p129). In other words, once you feel ill it's too late to chug a few mugs of tea. You really need to drink it every day to have the active ingredients in position to help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GkapiBreath For This Useful Post:

Susana (13-04-12)

Thanks

Love green tea...

Thread Information