PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Urgent: A Gentle Reminder - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Re: A Gentle Reminder

That should be at the discretion of the children's parents, Paul.

Thanks

Teaching propaganda labour party policy at school social studies and history classes, should be at the discretion of the parents, But it's not, we don't all get what we want when it comes to curriculum.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

The only thing I can say at this juncture is that those rules are non-negotiable no matter how strongly you feel against them.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (31-01-12), syn (12-01-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    The only thing I can say at this juncture is that those rules are non-negotiable no matter how strongly you feel against them.
    Some people seem to have bent the rules beyond what previously would be considered the breaking point. It's seems the grey area between acceptable and not acceptable is maturing more towards reality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Personally as a prominent libertarian promoter and activist in my home country of Australia, I don't believe in censorship so long as some one is telling the truth and it's not a defamatory lie. Sex education is a part of school curriculum in all western countries, A comprehensive eduction of the subject should also include facts about relationships, including what goes on in places like Walking Street Pattaya, it should not be a taboo subject, demonized as being bad or hidden just because some superstitious religion dim wit decided the subject is immoral, I also believe the relationship forum should not be white washing the subject as it currently does, The baned subject in my opinion should be opened so long as the facts are presented as educational and not sensationalized to promote irresponsible behaviour.
    I agree with many of the above points,but giving up on bothering to swim against the tide and rather go with the flow if thats what the most want.
    But would like to say, being in the Internet world we are in todays children/Teens, are open to and aware of much more than most of us ever were in are younger years, because of the computer and the internet Good and bad its all out there.

Any Thai teens being able to read English to a level they can understand anything on this forum understands more than most of us on this forum about the good and bad things that go on around them in Thailand.

Most Thais i no can read and write thai, but most are poor at reading and writing English or cant read or understand any at all, unless of a fairly high education! its only recently talked about making English a second language.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    That should be at the discretion of the children's parents, Paul.
    Just to clarify my point: I mean that the use of Walking Street in particular as a tool for sex education should be at the discretion of the parents. I am sure that in certain instances it can be a good tool, but how it is taught to one's child is a very personal matter.

Several years ago my 5 year old daughter and I went with my sister-in-law and a 'girl group' to one of the beaches. We walked past a bar which had the 'walking street atmosphere'. Of course she asked questions. I got to choose what and how much to tell her. I definitely would not want strange men on a forum explaining prostitution to my child.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Some people seem to have bent the rules beyond what previously would be considered the breaking point. It's seems the grey area between acceptable and not acceptable is maturing more towards reality.
    This site is founded on some solid ideals which had been established even before we came. If we don't believe in these principles, why put up with them and waste our time here? I am sure there are other forums whose philosophies don't go against our grain--- oh so many!- and there we could be happier.
    Last edited by Marie; 31-01-12 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks

so let me check if I understand correctly: it is ok to insinuate that all Thais married to foreigners are bargirls, as long as you don't use any swear words in the process?
    if so, thanks for the clarification.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Mouserkm (27-12-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    so let me check if I understand correctly: it is ok to insinuate that all Thais married to foreigners are bargirls, as long as you don't use any swear words in the process?
    if so, thanks for the clarification.
    As far as I am concerned it is the concept that is the issue, not the actual words that are used.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    This site is founded on some solid ideals which had been established even before we came. If we don't believe in these principles, why put up with them and waste our time here? I am sure there are other forums whose philosophies don't go against our grain--- oh so many!- and there we could be happier.
    The ideals are only as strong as they are adhered to. When regulars pose the question as to why Thai women smell so good and Farang Women smell so bad... it strays from the ideals. When regulars remark to what "idiots" the Thai people are.... it strays from the ideals. When regulars claim that Thai men are "all" a bunch of drunks who treat their women poorly... it strays from the ideals. When regulars state that all Muslims are terrorists and should be killed.... it strays from the ideal.

Don't be surprised, then, we people think it is okay to insinuate that all Thai women are bargirls.

...I don't "waste my time here" anymore. I just check in to see if there is anything to be learned on the language pages -- very rarely there is.

(Thank you to the regular who recently let me know I'm not alone in my disappointment.)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pailin For This Useful Post:

djaidee (01-02-12), fileeep (01-02-12)

Thread Information