PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Northern Thailand in August......
    Thanks

Northern Thailand in August......

Hello,

I'm starting to get a little worried from reading travel books that say it is difficult to get around in Northern Thailand during the rainy season. Is this an issue?

I'm planning on being up in the North during late August - Early Sept. can anyone give suggestions of things to do, see and places to go in the North during that time? I should be up there for 6 or 7 days

Thanks so much in advance!

Thanks
    Hi kiwano,

I have been to nortern Thailand once in August and twice in September. It is the hot rainy season but I think it only makes the north better.
    The view is much more green and fresh, if you take a walking trek or a jeep trek it is much more exciting (though you must be also very careful when driving).

I remember once that the way to Sukhothai was closed due to the floods, but there was no problem reaching Chiang Mai.

have fun!
    it\'s my party and I\'ll cry if I want to.

Thanks
    I only go to the north, trust me the rain isn't much of a problem at all. And as Talu said, it makes it better as everything is green.

Thanks
    I'm also going to the north (Chiang Mai) in August and as far as I know the rainy season isn't a problem at all.

Thread Information