Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 898 Posts

Re: Bangkok bomb, foreigner injured

Quote Originally Posted by hoistman View Post
    Well ... What's the point in having forum rules then ? You obviously take no notice ... So not setting a good example !!! And as for Curt's opinion !!! Err what is his opinion then ? I must have missed that ? All he said was your the designated paper boy ... Not sure if that's an opinion ... Sounds more like a statement.
    As you previously stated they are guidelines not rules. Moderators here are aware of the rules.

David

2. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

guava (15-02-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,508 Times in 1,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoistman View Post
    Well ... What's the point in having forum rules then ? You obviously take no notice ... So not setting a good example !!! And as for Curt's opinion !!! Err what is his opinion then ? I must have missed that ? All he said was your the designated paper boy ... Not sure if that's an opinion ... Sounds more like a statement.
    And what "good example" have you set since you blew in to this family orientated Forum? Already asked to stop posting inappropriate and copyright photos-great start, "newby"!!
    You have not even bothered to complete the registration process, but still feel entitled to tell me and others how the forum should be run!
    If we are not doing it correctly in your opinion-why don't you trot off and start your own forum-that way you may have some justification for throwing your weight around like a petulant child-which you don't here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Marie (16-02-12)

Thanks

Iranians 'targeted Israeli diplomats'
    Published: 15/02/2012 at 06:47 PMOnline news: Local News

Thai authorities charged two Iranians on Wednesday over an alleged bomb plot against Israeli diplomats, officials said, piling pressure on Teheran over accusations of a terror campaign against the Jewish state.

Authorities said they had laid criminal charges against two Iranian suspects accused of involvement in the three blasts in central Bangkok yesterday.

One of the men -- named as 28-year-old Saeid Morati -- lost both legs after he hurled an explosive device at police while fleeing an earlier blast at a house in the capital. The satchel containing the bomb, which he threw at a police vehicle, bounced off another vehicle and exploded at his feet.

A second Iranian suspect, Mohammad Hazaei, was detained trying to board a flight out of the country at Suvarnabhumi airport. A third Iranian suspect is believed to have fled to Malaysia, officials said.

"These three Iranian men are an assassination team and their targets were Israeli diplomats including the ambassador," a senior Thai intelligence official told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"Their plan was to attach bombs to diplomats' cars."

Explosives and magnets were later found inside the partially destroyed house where the first explosion occurred, police said.

The two suspects were charged with causing an illegal explosion and attempting to kill police officers and members of the public, Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul told reporters.

"We cannot say yet if it's a terrorist act," he said, "but it's similar to the assassination attempt against a diplomat in India."

National police chief Priewpan Damapong said Hazaei, the 42-year-old Iranian who was arrested at Suvarnabhumi last night, has denied involvement in yesterday's bomb explosions.

Pol Gen Priewpan, accompanied by Pol Lt-Gen Wiboon Bangthamai, the Immigration Police chief, was speaking after being present at the questioning of the suspect, in the presence of an official from the Iran embassy and an interpreter.

Although the man denied any involvement, police had sufficient evidence, including eyewitnesses and forensic examination results, to take legal action against him, Pol Gen Priewpan said.

He said police also knew the identity of the third suspect who fled to Malaysia on a 10.20pm flight on Tuesday. Malaysian police had been asked to arrest the suspect, he added.

The three suspects were initially allowed to enter the country because they were neither blacklisted nor had criminal records, Pol Lt-Gen Wiboon said.

He said a woman who had reportedly accompanied the suspects and was believed to be the girlfriend of one of the men had left the country.

It was believed she had nothing to do with yesterday's incident, he added.

Pol Lt-Gen Wiboon said Hazaei was being detained at the Immigration Police headquarters while Morati was being treated at Chulalongkorn hospital. minus his legs.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung said he did not believe the three bomb blasts yesterday were linked with the Hezbollah terrorist group. The bombs were not designed for large scale destruction. They had not been detonated by timers.

"It was not a terrorist act, it was just an act to demonstrate some insignificant symbol," said the former police captain.

He said the Immigration Bureau will conduct rigorous security checks on inbound travellers, especially suspicious-looking foreigners.

"I would like to tell everyone that Thai officials in all sectors are in control of the situation and there's nothing to be worried about," Mr Chalerm said.

Thai intelligence officials were not at fault as the bomb suspects arrived in Thailand unarmed and had built their weapons inside the country, he said.

Israel accused Iran of orchestrating attacks on Israeli embassy staff in India and Georgia on Monday.

An Israeli diplomat in New Delhi suffered grave shrapnel wounds when a motorbike assailant attached a bomb to her car on Monday.

Iran, which has already denied responsibility for the Delhi and Tbilisi incidents, said it had no link to the Bangkok blasts and blamed what it called "elements linked with the (Israeli) Zionist regime".

Observers, however, noted that the use of motorbike assassins to blow up targets' cars closely mirrored the method used to murder nuclear scientists in Iran in the past two years, raising the possibility of Iranian payback and a vicious covert war between the Middle East foes.

Thai police said explosives and magnets were found inside the house in a residential area of Bangkok where the first blast occurred, shattering windows and causing the roof of the building to collapse.

"I saw two Middle Eastern looking men covered with blood run out from the house," said Da Klond, a housemaid living opposite. "Broken glass was thrown across the street and fell in our garden."

Bangkok has been on the watch for a terror attack since police last month charged a Lebanese man suspected of planning a strike, following a US warning that tourist areas might be targeted.

National Security Council secretary-general Wichean Photephosree said the bombs that exploded around Sukhumvit soi 71 were most likely intended for use in attacking individuals, not for terrorism or sabotage, and were not powerful enough to cause large-scale destruction.

He said the materials used in making the bombs did not point to a large scale attack.

Whether Tuesday's incident was linked to the seemingly coordinated attacks on Israeli diplomats in Georgia and India the previous day was being investigated, Pol Gen Wichean said.

He said it was also not known if it was linked to Atris Hussein, the Lebanese man with suspected links to the Hezbollah militant group who was arrested by Thai police at Suvarnabhumi on Jan 12.

Pol Gen Wichean said yesterday's bomb blasts are linked to global political tensions, a Thai official said Wednesday, after Israel accused Tehran of involvement.

"Yesterday's incident was caused by current international tensions in world politics," said the NSC chief

"It's happening not only in Thailand but also elsewhere."

The explosions came a day after bombers targeted Israeli embassy staff in the capitals of India and Georgia, with a female diplomat seriously wounded in New Delhi, in attacks that were plotted by Iran, according to Israel.

Foreign permanent secretary Seehasak Puangketkaew said he would consult with Foreign Minister Surapong on whether to invite ambassadors based in Bangkok to a briefing on the bomb explosions in Bangkok yesterday and to reassure them of the capability of the Thai security agencies.

Pol Gen Wichean's press statement after the NSC meeting would be posted on the Foreign Ministry's website so that other countries could have confidence in Thailand, now the United States and Britain had reissued a travel warning to their citizens, Mr Seehasak said.

Israel accused Iran of orchestrating attacks on Israeli embassy staff in India and Georgia on Monday.

Israel's ambassador to Thailand, Itzhak Shoham, said the Bangkok suspects appeared to be "part of the same network" that targeted Israeli embassy staff in India and Georgia.

The United States condemned the Bangkok blasts and voiced concern about a worldwide "uptick" in such violence, including some with alleged links to Iran.

The Bangkok blasts are another blow to the kingdom's tourist-friendly image, which was badly dented last year by devastating flooding across much of the country, as well as rounds of rival political protests in recent years.

BANGKOK POST

Thanks

Malaysia arrests Iranian
    Published: 15/02/2012 at 09:14 PMOnline news:

KUALA LUMPUR : Malaysian authorities on Wednesday arrested an Iranian suspected in an alleged bomb plot against Israeli diplomats in Thailand, Malaysia's police chief said.

The Iranian was among three male and one female suspects in the bombings that rattled Bangkok on Tuesday and have piled pressure on Teheran amid accusations of a terror campaign against the Jewish state.

A statement released by Malaysian police chief Ismail Omar late Wednesday said authorities arrested the suspect in Kuala Lumpur at 3:30 pm (2:30 p.m. Thailand time).

"The Iranian was arrested under the Immigration Act of Malaysia out of intelligence provided by Thai counterparts," the statement said.

"He is being investigated for terrorism activities in relation to bombings in Thailand."

The statement gave no further details, such as the suspect's name.

Malaysian police spokesman Ramli Yoosuf told AFP that Thai authorities had been informed of the arrest but he was as yet unaware of any Thai request for the suspect's extradition.

"I don't know how long the investigations will take," he said.

In Bangkok, Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said, "We cannot say yet if it's a terrorist act," he told reporters, "but it's similar to the assassination attempt against a diplomat in India."

BANGKOK POST

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by visionchaser45 View Post
    "The Iranian government has publicly announced hatred of Israel and threatened inhalation of that country, so you think the allies should just allow this to happen." Given the way that Israel behaves toward Iran, I don't blame them for hating Israel. Making treats and actually doing anything about it are separate matters. The North Koreans make threats against the U.S. all the time, but they haven't mobilized against us. It's kind of a "sticks and stones" thing. It is, indeed, the U.S. and Israel who have drawn first blood in terms of committing acts of overt aggression against Iran. No good can come of this kind of foreign policy. The U.S. joined the second world war to rid the world of tyranny and imperialism. How is it that we have now become the biggest global imperialist tyrants?
    Vision I'm affraid your on the wrong team, with comments like tath I gues the American secret service regularly chech your posts. It's the Jews that always tried to live in peace, it was the Jews who were persecuted and pushed out of there home land into norther Europe by Saudi Islamic tribes. When the Jews finally got there home land back after world war 2, it was the Jews who were attacked first. The 1967 Arab war was instigated by Egypt and Lebanon surrounding Israel. Israeli defended it self and occupied Arab land for compensation, a bargaining chip and to create a buffer zone. Israel how ever as a peace offering gave back much of this land as a good will peace offering. Guess what, none of the Arabs kept to there word in this peace offering. They started blowing up innocent people in basses using extremist religious fanatics to do the dirty work.
    I'm afraid Vision your very misguided, I appreciate the USA and it's efforts to maintain world peace, the USA is still the best country on earth and every true Australian would support the USA in it's endeavours to promote world peace and the right and freedoms of the democratic system, even the right to practice the religion of your choice, and that's saying something as an atheist I don't support religion as common sence, because with out the USA, we would have had world war 3 years ago. You should be defending the democratic west, over a ruthless dictatorship who's main agenda is to increase power and wealth to it's dictator and high ranking government members of the government. These Dictators are only interested in there own position of power and wealth, there subject are only just given propaganda and a culture that makes them give there lives to self serving dictator. I'm proud to be Australian and I'm proud to support the USA and it's allies over tyranny.
    I can assure you if these rogue countries demonstrated peace, human rights and democracy, the west would support there endeavors for peace and prosperity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Vision I'm affraid your on the wrong team, with comments like tath I gues the American secret service regularly chech your posts. It's the Jews that always tried to live in peace, it was the Jews who were persecuted and pushed out of there home land into norther Europe by Saudi Islamic tribes. When the Jews finally got there home land back after world war 2, it was the Jews who were attacked first. The 1967 Arab war was instigated by Egypt and Lebanon surrounding Israel. Israeli defended it self and occupied Arab land for compensation, a bargaining chip and to create a buffer zone. Israel how ever as a peace offering gave back much of this land as a good will peace offering. Guess what, none of the Arabs kept to there word in this peace offering. They started blowing up innocent people in basses using extremist religious fanatics to do the dirty work.
    I'm afraid Vision your very misguided, I appreciate the USA and it's efforts to maintain world peace, the USA is still the best country on earth and every true Australian would support the USA in it's endeavours to promote world peace and the right and freedoms of the democratic system, even the right to practice the religion of your choice, and that's saying something as an atheist I don't support religion as common sence, because with out the USA, we would have had world war 3 years ago. You should be defending the democratic west, over a ruthless dictatorship who's main agenda is to increase power and wealth to it's dictator and high ranking government members of the government. These Dictators are only interested in there own position of power and wealth, there subject are only just given propaganda and a culture that makes them give there lives to self serving dictator. I'm proud to be Australian and I'm proud to support the USA and it's allies over tyranny.
    I can assure you if these rogue countries demonstrated peace, human rights and democracy, the west would support there endeavors for peace and prosperity.
    What is misguided is the imperialist policies of the U.S. and Israel. Some people, evidently, are not able to learn from history. If the U.S. secret service, FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, or any other agency wants to monitor my posts, that is fine with me. In the United States we have this little thing called freedom of speech. We also have the right to petition our government for a redress of grievences. If the government denies me those rights, which are recognized as inalienable in the Constitution of the United States, then they are the treasonous ones. I have a right to disagree with the policy and I most certainly do.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks

with love Re: Bangkok bomb, foreigner injured

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    What is misguided is the imperialist policies of the U.S. and Israel. Some people, evidently, are not able to learn from history. If the U.S. secret service, FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, or any other agency wants to monitor my posts, that is fine with me. In the United States we have this little thing called freedom of speech. We also have the right to petition our government for a redress of grievences. If the government denies me those rights, which are recognized as inalienable in the Constitution of the United States, then they are the treasonous ones. I have a right to disagree with the policy and I most certainly do. As I would expect, based on my assessment of your exceptional intellect, you have bought the whole bag of propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Good for you! You have joined the herd of sheeple who believe everything the 'authorities' and mainstream media shovel your way.
    Last edited by visionchaser45; 16-02-12 at 09:32 AM.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks

I have to agree with Visionchaser, while the US has done much to foster world peace, they have also done terrible things in that persuit. Likewise, Israel which is seen as the "underdog" of the middle east has lost a great deal of world support by their brutal and bullying treatment of the Palestinians. Its not enough to cry to the world "we are the good guys", nations just like people have to abide by international laws and conventions. When ANY regime resorts to terror tactics, unnecessary violence, intimidation, coverups etc., etc they become no better than the very terrorists they claim to be protecting us from.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kfchugo For This Useful Post:

yy (16-02-12)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

In the dirty world of politics, in the struggle for power and one-upmanship, usually no side is totally innocent save for the side which does not resort to violence. All the "good guys" versus "bad guys" political images, all those scapegoating, are merely tools to gather sympathy and support from international communities and groups.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Anybody know what' happening to Russia taday,i've viewed shortly via youtube,it looks like premier Vladimir Putin is detained with some other person?

Thread Information