Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Bangkok Dangerous

The only thing that kept me interested in that movie was the location. Something about Cages' acting is strained and makes me fall asleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not sure about Nicolas Cage ... I know in Bangkok Dangerous he looked odd ... Not sure if its the hair .. The teeth ... The voice ? And his acting was very wooden. I think he got his break because he is the nephew of the film director Francis Ford Coppola of The Godfather fame. Interesting bit of triva ... He is also the Nephew of the actress Talia Shire ... She was in the Rocky films ... Played Rocky's wife "Adrian." .... And of course amazingly, she managed to get a part in the Godfather films !!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hoistman For This Useful Post:

deland (23-02-12)

Thanks

I dislike mostly all Movies with Nicholas Cage (some exceptions), not sure so if it's because of him or the fact that he chooses horrible Movie Scripts to act in.

The thing I find so strange about him is that like Steven Seagal - they both use the same Facial Expression all the time, no Emotions etc. - not really a good way of acting.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

I couldn't agree more with both of your posts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Came across this little gem of a film .... I think its his teeth ..Lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hoistman For This Useful Post:

djaidee (23-02-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 454 Posts

I am also not a big fan of Khun Cage as an actor and rate Bangkok Dangerous as a nothing special sort of a movie...but one thing I did notice while painfully sitting through this movie that got me very excited, was the use of a cricket bat in a fight scene..yes.a cricket bat.

I was at the cinema watching this movie all those years ago but the question has always stuck in the back of my mind, why would they use a cricket bat as a weapon in a movie based in Thailand? Then the other day while I was movie swapping with a friend, I found this movie on his external hard drive, so I flicked through it to the scene and there it is.a cricket bat.

The cricket bat can be found near the end of the movie where Cages faithful assistant Kong has run off to save his love interest from the bad guys and picks up a weapon to fight with and its a cricket bat..anyone else seen this.and I wonder why they used a cricket bad????

Another one of lifes mysteries.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

Thanks

It's one of those movies you watch just to see the things in Thailand that you know. Otherwise it was a pretty bad movie...

This scene below was shot at Caribbean club and my best friend there Pim has a speaking role at about 0:32. Saw a few other people I knew on there. Now Caribbean is dead, how quickly things change...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_dKvwblRM

Thread Information