Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Mai ben rai or is pushing in rude?

its easier to be peaceful when you are doing well. Its when you share the same plate and do not know where you next meal comes from - and you still can keep a reasonable balance, and not think of eliminating the other for more - is when you passed the critical test. Queues here and queues not there...are not perfect comparisons in my view.

Its not only the present behaviour... we must bring in the circumstances to test how considerate people are or will be then.
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trangam For This Useful Post:

yy (04-03-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Having spent most of my life in the States, I never found "queuing" an issue either.
    I think this comes under the category of "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten". Although the poem by Robert Fulghum does not mention getting in line, or queuing, it is something most of us in the U.S. learned in kindergarten or 1st grade (in my case). We also learned to walk down the right side of the hallway.

To me this all makes perfect sense. Being organized in this manner just makes life simpler. Since I am no longer in elementary school I tire a bit more easily and wish everyone would just keep those wobbly carts to their side of the aisle in the grocery store or wherever. The same goes for those little scooters WalMart has so readily available. Some days it's like an amusement park bumper car ring in there!

Thanks

"Discipline" is a long lost concept. Too many parents and educators see setting limits and boundaries as dampening a child's spirit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

ravip (05-03-12)

Thanks

I actually think it's a time saver which makes room in our lives for more enjoyable and creative endeavors.

But alas, I think you've got a point, Curt. Sometimes I think discipline has gone the way of good manners and playing outside 'til dark.

I say this with apologies to all the good parents and good teachers who take the time to teach their children these out of fashion ways of getting along in the world.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

ravip (05-03-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    Questions from Ravip....Why did you loose your temper and make yourself into a human shield at the bus stop facing a big crowd?

The answer to this one was in my original post...

"making myself into a human shield so that Mai could get on in front of me and avoid being squashed to death" ...What would you have done ? Just stood back and let everyone trample all over you ?

and...
    Why did you sigh loudly and think better of it at the airport facing just one big Russian?

Because he was one hell of a big Russian, about 200 kilo's. If i had punched him he would have killed me (not literally of course, maybe just a severe beating/strangulation, something like that) Anyway he got my drift from my loud sigh, he knew he had annoyed me. Wouldn't you be annoyed if someone just pushed in front of you in a queue, would you just stand there and not sigh out loud ?
    Guess I didn't make myself very clear - sorry.

Definitely, I too would be very annoyed if someone just pushed in front of me in a queue - I sure do detest that type of behaviour. Neither would I want people to trample all over me.

What I meant was, when showing emotions we should not be 'picky' - big or small we should try to treat all equal. If we protest when the 'Little Bro' misbehaves and ignore the 'Big Bros' arrogance, we can be accused of 'bullying', isn't it? Even though we are the grieved party!
    It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi ~

Thanks

The "Big Bro" is also considered a bully by intelligent sensitive people, if not by his own 'party'.

Thread Information