Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Peak Times at Suvarnabhumi Airport

this has nothing to do with BKK - or maybe has everything to do with it.
    I've been through Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Jakarta airports recently. today early morning, Singapore - more immigration officers than passengers, I was waved at and called from far away by a female officer who had nobody in her queue. Jakarta - on arrival, 6 officials processed just our plane right at the arrival gate. less than 1 minute per person in both places.
    Malaysia and Indonesia do finger scans as well as digital pics, and the latter also processes tourist visas in that time, not just visa-free entry stamps.
    the difference is truly stunning, and I'm feeling ashamed of Suwannaphum airport, more and more complaints all over the internet every day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts

I have just come from the airport today, i arived at 12-00 afternoon time, i checked the time from when i got of the plane until i got through immigration and into a taxi outside. Once of the plane there was a slight delay while passengers boarding passes where checked, it was because some passengers where carrying on to Hanoi and they wanted to make sure they had not gotten of at Bangkok.The immigration was quite busy but seemed to move swiftly and once on the other side my bag was already on the carrasel so it was up to the fourth floor and departures to grab a taxi there, ( i always do it this way) it took about thirty minutes in all to get to this point which i thought was realy good.The taxi fare....it was metered...came to 190 Baht to Sukhumvit road near Asoke skytrain,I also paid the express toll which was i think 30 Baht.

I will see what it is like when i come to to return home in a few weeks to compare the times.

Billy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Marie (06-04-12)

Thanks

I think the real problem is when leaving Thailand, sometimes there are very long waiting lines at the Passport-Check-Desk.

Waiting for your personal experience in a few weeks Billy.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,048 Posts

Glad to know you arriived safely, Billy. That was quite fast processing at the airport. And the taxi fare was also reasonable! Enjoy your trip and keep us posted!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

billyboy (09-04-12)

Thanks

Leaving Suvarnabhumi Tuesday, 3 April around 0400, passport control took around 15 minutes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frostfire For This Useful Post:

Marie (07-04-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
    Leaving Suvarnabhumi Tuesday, 3 April around 0400, passport control took around 15 minutes.
    4 o'clock in the morning is probably not a real Peak Time for leaving Thailand
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thread Information