Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: A Different Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    Like mole with curry? Latin-Asian is my favorite, but I need to think about this.

Hmmm . . . green curry? Masman? I think just a little dark chocolate powder would go a long way. It would need a bit of cinnamon to take away some of the bitterness. I'm really not too fond of mole, but I love curry so I'm willing to try it if one of you wants to cook!
    A few years ago I saw a celeb chef cooking mole and I thought that chocolate would really be good in Massaman. But I haven't had the guts to try to cook it. Maybe some days when I have my kids home I'll try it on them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nu For This Useful Post:

Susana (17-04-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 893 Posts

Ah, the joys of motherhood! Please let us know how it turns out.

I have thinking about this off and on today. I'll probably perform my own experiment before long. Maybe next week. I like massaman, and sometimes I use sweet potatoes. However, I'm having a difficult time imagining chocolate with potatoes of any kind.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    However, I'm having a difficult time imagining chocolate with potatoes of any kind.
    Well said. It sounds as appetising to me as visualizing myself eating printing paper, sorry to say that :(
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Susana (28-04-12)

Thanks

Hahaha . . . Reminds me of when I said the bread tasted like sawdust. My father-in-law responded that there was a sawmill on the other side of the road. hmmmm . . .

Thanks

I'm actually like curry and I want to taste the different kind of curry,esp " Kaeng Khiev Wan or Thai green curry" is really good.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

I know this is going to sound really un-vegetarian-like

My first Thai green curry was at the old international BKK airport (Don Muang?), and it completely changed my perception of how I used to see Thai food. It took me away by storm. Back then in SG, the only Thai food I tried was instant noodles Tom Yum soup flavour and foodcourt Tom Yum soup, which of course never tasted like the real thing with all the right balances of salty, sour and spiciness. N I was naively thinking what the hype the Thais have all about their national dish of tom yum soup. The Thai green curry (and I guess I did order tom yum soup then as well) really enlightened me to the beauty of real Thai food cooked by real Thai people ^^
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (29-04-12)

Thanks

We still having the ingredient" thai food" here in the Supermarket, I stayed in Bangkok for couple months, I learned how to cook " Kaeng Soum,sour soup spicy", and others... I'd trying it here several times my friends suprised! But now i never cook it because im away from cooking for many years, I hope when I move to the new house with my family in the next couple months I will try again. Most of Thai food are spicy i'd put a lot of chillies to the food some of my friends acoholic were addicted. It's time for good broke about six years I've never been cook again coz we all splitted to different directions and have our own business and taking care of the family.

Thanks

Mahin, I hope you will continue to cook in your new home. A lot of men really enjoy cooking and their families enjoy it, too!

Having a new home is exciting. I wish you and your family many, many years of happiness in your new home.

Thread Information