PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Emergancy landing and tragedy on flight QR0615 to Bound to Doha from Bangkok.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Emergancy landing and tragedy on flight QR0615 to Bound to Doha from Bangkok.

I am ever so sad to write this, my return flight home from Bangkok had an awefull experience, a lady started to haemorage badly on this flight which is my first of two, now i am writting this from Doha, we had to make a very steep decent and emergancy landing into Mumbai India. Sadly the lady never survived, i have tears in my eyes as i write this. It came over the tanoy on the plane if there is a docter on board please make yourself known to cabin staff. A docter and i think a nurse from the UK came forward and battled for over one hour to try to save this lady, the Qatar cabin staff raced up and down the airplane isles with blankets/tissue and towels. It was so so sad to see this.

To witness this and see her husband on his knees crying his heart out broke my heart. The girl who tryed so hard to save the lady hugged him like a mother would a daughter. When he had to leave the aircraft at Mumbai she held him by his shoulders and walked backwards with him of the plane never taking her eyes of him. The body of the deceased lady lay in the isle for about one hour while i suppose official stuff had to be done in Mumbai, the plane was full of people when we landed as they pilled onto the plane.

The deceased lady was placed on a stretcher and carried at head height through the isle and of the plane. I don,t know if i am in shock, i am very tearfull and can,t stop thinking about this awefull tragedy. Sorry for this awefull bad news.

Billy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (01-06-12), Khun Don (29-04-12), Marie (29-04-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Re: Emergancy landing and tragedy on flight QR0615 to Bound to Doha from Bangkok.

That is terrible news, very sad indeed...
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fileeep For This Useful Post:

billyboy (29-04-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Re: Emergancy landing and tragedy on flight QR0615 to Bound to Doha from Bangkok.

Billy,

This is indeed shocking. My thoughts go to the family of the deceased --especially to the grieving husband --though we don't know them at all. It might take a while to blur this incident from your memory. But it is good that you are talking about it. Continue doing so to hasten the wearing off of the shock.

Take care, Billy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

billyboy (29-04-12)

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your experiences. As a former cabin crew member it happened to me once on a short flight in the U.S. The passenger suffered a heartattack and myself and fellow crew perform CPR and used AED with assistance of a doctor and nurse in the end he didn't make it. The incident bothered me for a a few weeks and I sometimes think about every now and than. It helps to talk about with other people, I will say that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to issanboy For This Useful Post:

billyboy (29-04-12)

Thread Information