Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Re: Is It Just TV or for Real?

Fileeep, your answer tickles me pink 5555

Mahin, I guess my current view is that virginity should be the ideal, but not necessary condition, for two people who are considering the other party as the partner for a serious relationship. N that furthermore, the value of virginity (should any value be attached to it) should be measured by the same yardstick for both men and women. What makes a woman any less moral will similarly do the same to a man, and vice versa. In fact, I believe there is always a flip side of the coin in every phenomenon; a man may think he gets away with much less social stigma when he goes around having multiple partners in a lifetime but ultimately that same man ends up with a less emotionally fulflling life, at the very least (and ends up with more self-deceit too, I will reckon, which is not the best thing to discover about oneself at one's death-bed?).

I don't know if this is quite related, but some time ago, I was reading up on child sexual abuse (CSA) and came across several studies stating that the proportion of reports of girls being subjected to CSA is significantly higher than their male counterparts, and at the same time, some other findings suggesting that the number of boys and girls who have fallen victim to CSA in reality may actually be the same between both sexes. Hence, there is the suggestion that CSA among boys may be underrreported, for various reasons which may include the greater stigma of sexual victimization within males, the stigma of being labelled as gay (if the perpretator happens to be a man) and so on. Yet, research has consistently yielded results that men and women, boys and girls, are similarly adversely affected by sexual abuse, with perhaps differential manifestations of syndromes. I'm just thinking - and I may be wrong - that men may start off by thinking of themselves on the winning end of the 'game' of sexualization and objectification of their and women's bodies. However, what have initially appeared as their trump card may ultimately prove to be their own undoing; that when they do feel depressed, empty and not understood in the process of their own chosen promiscuous lifestyle, they may feel that other people and perhaps especially themselves cannot take their own inevitable feelings of vulnerability and need for help seriously.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

fileeep (30-04-12), Mahindrasarath (30-04-12), Susana (30-04-12)

Thanks

I think people are having difference painful experiences in their lives, in the perspective of human being can not be perfect, we can't judge anybody by our own thought. But there're one would holding the judgement, We're usually wrong or maybe thinking negative bout the others! "Pain !!!" Just as like as taday I emagine how much pain I've been gone thru in the hospital i got surgery my left hand with the wound of infection which i got pined by the small thorn last week, I got a big swollen likes a toe in my hand, doctor decide to cut it and cleans all the discharge away, M getting better now. Sorry ! Lil out of topic!!
    A lot of people from different societies and cultures,maybe thinking that " the gestitide or virginity require" is the obsoleted idea, true everywhere most young ladies that had the GF BF lost their pure by dedicated to BF before married, because the influences by the materialism. And wrong mindset about " the mamon(money)", there're ppl business their virginity ,
    really sorry!
    Last edited by Mahindrasarath; 30-04-12 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahindrasarath View Post
    true everywhere young ladies lost her pure by dedicated to their boyfriend before married,
    How about the young gentlemen who lost their pure before marriage?

Mahin, hope you are recovering from your surgery...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (02-05-12)

Thanks

What if I lost my "pure" to myself? Does that count? 555
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks

Personally I would not take anything I saw on television as any indicator as being remotely near the truth. Their purpose is to make money, not represent reality, and therefore one should be very cautious when using it for comparisons. If we leave aside "moral" issues and view it from a historical view, the woman being a virgin on her wedding night was of great importance, it being,hopefully, a good indicator that the man would be ensuring his first born was his own and not another's.

Mahin, I too hope your feeling better and wish you a speedy recovery.
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassai For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (02-05-12), yy (01-05-12)

Thanks

Well, quite the interesting thread, and quite interesting comments too. I'd imagine it's some "wanna-b-hi-so" Thai bloviating about what they "think" thai women are all about. Believe me the "Culture Police" here are oh-so quick to "spin" anything remotely to do with Thai morality into a 'good Thai' versus 'bad Thai' sort of thing.

It's my experience that hi-so thai kids don't practice abstinence any more than low-so ones do. There're certainly enough hi-so Thai uni girls who moonlight in "other endeavors". in fact the term ไซด์ไลน์ (the English words "Side Line", spelled in Thai) is synonymous for this "occupation" no matter the demographic of Thai.

Thais also use the phrase โสดแต่ไม่สด "single but not 'fresh'" when referring to someone who's single but not a virgin. It's even the name of a popular Thai song too.

Still interesting take on perceptions and reality. I's suggest taking most things "wanna-b-hi-so" or "old school" Thais say with a grain of salt, they are more outta touch with reality here than even the foreigners. This is an ever changing world for the Thais nowadays.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tod-Daniels For This Useful Post:

djaidee (06-05-12), kelwts (14-05-12), Susana (06-05-12), yy (06-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yy View Post
    How about the young gentlemen who lost their pure before marriage?

Mahin, hope you are recovering from your surgery...
    Well I think it's not good either, I think if the guys wanted to get marry with the virgin gals they must be also pure, but nowdays I think the conservative culture seems not effective a lot more ppl astrayed from the principle kept virginity,because in the multicultural society people wanna " test, taste" and want to try something new, I believe that boy from their birth untill they're become a man, they wanted to keep purity and dedicate to their love one, there're the flow of many cultures polluted their mindset so they've following to the flows, their friend who "KNOW" just drags them into the imorality just like others as" It's o.k culture man!!! Who're you? Shout again, Who're you...?" " See!! Here is the fact I wanna show it to you, it's find o.k man do it like me! Oh well come on! Who are you? " If we're not be careful something that would happen we must responsible by ourself.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahindrasarath For This Useful Post:

yy (06-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahindrasarath View Post
    Well I think it's not good either, I think if the guys wanted to get marry with the virgin gals they must be also pure

Well-said, Mahin. I totally agree.

,because in the multicultural society people wanna " test, taste" and want to try something new, .
    Test-taste... 555555 Very funny and direct way of puttting it...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (06-05-12)

Thanks

I like to "test, taste" so I know if I'm buying honey or fish.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thread Information