Thanks

Learning to Write Thai

I have been learning to read and write Thai for a long time.
    Originally inspired by this website I might add.

Today I was sent a link to an Android App that makes the task so much easier.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cy5yd3RoYWkiXQ..

I wish I'd had that when I started, even now I find it helps to remind me of the intricacies of the Thai Language.

Just thought I'd share, this website has some of the best resources on the web for learning Thai, but a phone App really helps too.

Chock dee na.

Speedy.

Thanks

Re: Learning to Write Thai

I like the look of this, but i dont have a smart phone, only have a smart pen and paper! Old school, im not convinced on some of the claims though?
    It says when you can write, you can read for free?

To keep me busy when im at the swimming pool i write out the Thai alphabet, i've had a few thai friends write it out in there own hand to see wear i can make some improvements.

Been a good learning curve, but because thai has so many fonts,not sure about this bit of softwares claims and also then gos on about vowels you need the paid version,,,, never mind, personally its like hand writing or learning to speak, do it a way that you can understand then tweak it if needed to be totally understood.

Im always writing my name up on the board for pool in thai, and sometimes off the top of my head try writing other farangs names, normally correct but with the wrong tone marker!!!! ha ha i think more to do with how i pronounce a English name to how a thai does it.
    cheers ian

Thanks

Re: Learning to Write Thai

It says when you can write, you can read for free?
    I think what they mean here is that if you learn to read first (as I did) you cannot necessarily write, but if you learn to write, you can read.
    Writing is harder (well it was for me) and so I learned to read first.

The font used seems to be that which you'd find in a newspaper, not what you would normally write, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Maybe time to buy an Android phone Ian, you could practice at the pool without a pen and paper

Speedy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedTriple For This Useful Post:

ian71 (01-05-12)

Thread Information