Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 345 Posts

Re: A Peek Into TCB ( Thai Chat Box)

I would probably count myself as say a 'veteran' TCB chatter, i am usualy in the room most days, it has probably consumed a large part of my time on the pc. I have noticed that when there is a glitch on the site and people cannot access the chat it's near panick!It is when people do eventualy manage to login whether it be hours or a day or so later they all say nearly the same...' I have tried for hours to login' I first joined the Packnam Web and the TCB a good many years ago not long after it first started and have seen some transitions in the site and lots of members come and go, sadly some will not return but i find most will come back and just have a look from time to time.

I would say to anyone who has not been to the chatroom, don't be shy come and join us, we have some great fun with stories from trips, mishaps, embarrasing moments, you will find the lot here during the course of conversation.I think i first chatted with Marie...Mariek was her name at the time and it took me an age to even do any typing, i was useless having never used a pc before....take your time i was told, or should i say teached and regulars in the chat all will help if anyone new does not know how things work like how to choose the members name you want to talk to. So realy the chatroom has improved my typing skills immensly and gained me lots of friends who have realy sometimes gone out of there way to assist me with information on places or things for my trips to Thailand.

The forums also have been an assett helping me to improve my cooking skills, aiding me in my constant lust and search for adventure and different places in Thailand and beyond.Betti for instance,thanks to her i have travelled across Burma and Indonesia!Her information was priceless.I chatted to Betti about Burma after she came back from her trip and what seemed like no time i was in a hot air ballon gliding over thousands of Temples in Burma. I have also met several TCB friends and without there help i would have missed out on some great evenings out to some places farangs would never go. Guide books are good and we realy need them but to actualy have a friend to talk to who is there, you can't beat that. It's little things that stick in my mind like last week just before i flew back home, Mikeheart arived in Bangkok and we aranged to meet again...( we shared Songkran together last year with other TCB members). He knew of a small singing and dance bar near Ploenchit skytrain, it was a little gem of a place. Mike after a while had to retire to bed after his long flight but i stayed till the early hours and enjoyed one of my most memorable nights in Bangkok.These things the guide books can't tell you, but a friend in the TCB can!

Sometimes you do get the unsavoury types who come to the chat but as it has been said they are not there very long and i do think the moderators are very tollerent with these people unless it is plainly obvious what there motives are then they are gone immiediately and it's back to buisness.My pc skills have improved and now if i see any untowards going on in the chat like verbal abuse of a member i know how to copy the chat page and i would PM a moderater with it should none be present at that time. But rarely do we have problems like that because the moderators do such a good job.

So please come and join our little chatting community and share your thoughts and information, we look forward to chatting with you soon.

Billy.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

djaidee (08-05-12), kelwts (08-05-12), Marie (07-05-12), mikeheart (08-05-12), ninjanin (09-05-12), Nymphaea (07-05-12), wilma (07-05-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeaBrain View Post
    Are you really asking the Pea!

Of course, I am really asking! And we are all waiting for your reply. I am reminded, though, of an idea from you: When a predator-looking chatter asks for a lady's telephone number, there's one on hand which is quickly given to the asker, and this is a REAL telephone number of a police station in Bangkok. LOL
    Last edited by Marie; 08-05-12 at 10:51 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

djaidee (08-05-12), Susana (08-05-12)

Thanks

I am a shy and reserved person. Often my English gets all broken up and confused when I chat with what you call a predator. I even forget who I am or even if I am male or female. Maybe they are just lonely? I try to show them true love and kindness because I know they are just being funny so I am a bit funny right back in their twisted face.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeaBrain For This Useful Post:

Marie (08-05-12), mikeheart (09-05-12), xfiles20001999 (10-05-12)

Thanks

A peek... is all i really get these days...LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alvinkhoo For This Useful Post:

xfiles20001999 (10-05-12)

Thanks

I saw it today also before I got out.
    I emagined myself,how I was hessitated to log into the TCB since I've joined this forum nearly 3 yrs, and 1st time in 2006.
    Last edited by Mahindrasarath; 08-05-12 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    I have noticed that when there is a glitch on the site and people cannot access the chat it's near panick!
    During the most recent TCB downtime, when it got fixed I noted you telling the room that the glitch had ruined your weekend!

..I think i first chatted with Marie...Mariek was her name...
    I remember that. You posted in your profile a picture taken at the Tigers' Temple with you flanked by 2 tigers. And I asked which were you in the photo? Hahahaha.

The name was Marieke. While I thought that username was chic, a guy who used to call himself Richard found it hard to spell and pronounce and suggested to shorten it to Marie. I acquisced. It was an era where name-change was the order of the day. Igotnotime became Joshua ; Shuba became Tim; and Stevesuphan became Stephen Cleary.

So really the chatroom has improved my typing skills immensely...
    Lucky you! It didn't mine. What's worse it made me careless with spelling, punctuation and capitalization--more especially, the latter. Nowadays it is looking like I had a big quarrel with capital letters--I hardly use them, especially at the beginning of a sentence. Well, that is the norm in chat. I think I have mentioned in another thread that Jingjok came to chat once and after spending a few minutes he asked, "Are capital letters banned here?"

... last week just before i flew back home, Mikeheart arived in Bangkok and we aranged to meet again...( we shared Songkran together last year with other TCB members). He knew of a small singing and dance bar near Ploenchit skytrain, it was a little gem of a place...
    Mikeheart (UK) is still in Bangkok. He chatted with us from there yesterday telling us how saddled he is these days with the burdensome tasks of eating, chatting and drinking. How pitiful, indeed! (I mean those of us who are not in his shoes. LOL) He reminded us that like in marriage, he has been joined with his beer in a way which no man can put asunder. And oh, he also disclosed for the first time that he's a vegetarian. Meaning, he eats animals, and animals eat vegetables, ergo he is vegetarian.
    Last edited by Marie; 09-05-12 at 02:46 PM. Reason: errors

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

billyboy (09-05-12), djaidee (09-05-12), mikeheart (09-05-12), xfiles20001999 (09-05-12)

Thanks

nice that I'm still remembered Billy, thanks :-)
    I'm back in Thailand now after 2 months away, still stuck in BKK trying to get my work visa to Burma done. I'm moving next week. it's gonna be really hectic. had the time of my life in Indonesia but I'm totally exhausted. I've missed out on pretty much 5 weeks of news, gossip and all. just my own little bubble. it is hard to be back here in Thai, and I've never been a fan of BKK, but it has to be done....
    hope to see you again in the chatroom sometime soon!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

billyboy (09-05-12), djaidee (09-05-12), Marie (09-05-12), yy (10-05-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 848 Posts

You're missed on the forum, too, Betti. Best wishes.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

billyboy (10-05-12), Marie (09-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkhoo View Post

A peek... is all i really get these days...LOL
    For those who don't understand Alvinkhoo's (Singapore) quip, it means there are chatters who cannot stay long in the room and are automatically logged out by the system. After which they see that "Thank you" message on the screen. Alvin seems to be experiencing this circumstance lately.

We have joked a lot about the incident. We say TCB is a very appreciative chat room who wants to thank chatters repeatedly. The other joke is that TCB is a very jealous site who wants full, undivided attention, such that if you drift away for a second, it kicks you on the rear! And another one is that it is a test to one's resolve, like an initiation rite to neophytes.

Once some prankish matchmakers tried to pair off two chatters and the prankters started making arrangements for the wedding (though the two parties involved were absolutely clueless on what was going on! ). But the prospective groom kept on getting logged out every so often. That was when Trangam (India) arrived at the brilliant conclusion that one needs a stable internet connection to get married!

The truth is a glitch brings about the involuntary logouts. Efforts have been exerted to fix the problem but it remains unresolved. However, many can linger for long hours without getting disconnected. Saly (Thai), while living in Beijing, used to stay logged on at TCB overnight while she was fast asleep. When she woke up in the morning, she was still online. Same case with Poppa ( Thai in USA). A few times he had left his computer running while he was away; when he returned he was still connected to TCB.

The technical cause of the snafu is too complex for me to explain. Let's just hope it will eventually get ironed out so chatters like Alvinkhoo can enjoy a longer stay.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

alvinkhoo (10-05-12), djaidee (10-05-12), xfiles20001999 (10-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    For those who don't understand Alvinkhoo's (Singapore) quip, it means there are chatters who cannot stay long in the room and are automatically logged out by the system. After which they see that "Thank you" message on the screen. Alvin seems to be experiencing this circumstance lately.

We have joked a lot about the incident. We say TCB is a very appreciative chat room who wants to thank chatters repeatedly. The other joke is that TCB is a very jealous site who wants full, undivided attention, such that if you drift away for a second, it kicks you on the rear! And another one is that it is a test to one's resolve, like an initiation rite to neophytes.

Once some prankish matchmakers tried to pair off two chatters and the prankters started making arrangements for the wedding (though the two parties involved were absolutely clueless on what was going on! ). But the prospective groom kept on getting logged out every so often. That was when Trangam (India) arrived at the brilliant conclusion that one needs a stable internet connection to get married!

The truth is a glitch brings about the involuntary logouts. Efforts have been exerted to fix the problem but it remains unresolved. However, many can linger for long hours without getting disconnected. Saly (Thai), while living in Beijing, used to stay logged on at TCB overnight while she was fast asleep. When she woke up in the morning, she was still online. Same case with Poppa ( Thai in USA). A few times he had left his computer running while he was away; when he returned he was still connected to TCB.

The technical cause of the snafu is too complex for me to explain. Let's just hope it will eventually get ironed out so chatters like Alvinkhoo can enjoy a longer stay.
    thanks Marie!
    it's been probably half a year so or a lil longer..
    sometimes the auto-kick occurs even upon the very split second i re-enter CR..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to alvinkhoo For This Useful Post:

Marie (10-05-12)

Thread Information