Thanks

Flight + hotel booking websites. Any suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I am planning a job-seeking/ exploratory trip to Bangkok at the end of this month or the early beginning of next month. I have now been looking for tickets and hotels for a very long time, and as you can see I have not decided yet. However, the prices are not getting lower, and the time is not standing still, so I need to find the right hotel and flight very soon.
    I have been looking for flights at one page and hotels at another - but I don´t know if I maybe better should book the flight + hotel on the same website, as it seems to be cheaper.
    I have only found one page through Ltui ( a german travel agency), but the maximum days they can support me with is 22 days, and I plan to stay for around 30 days.

I have not too many preferences about the hotel, but I would like an Aircondition very much, and it would not be a problem if I constantly would have to kill insects or fix my own toilet at the hotel.
    I would like to have a safe and if there is a fitness room, and breakfast included, I would not start a riot.

The question however to you out there is, do you know some websites that offers flight + hotel at the same time? My Google search has been very poor.

And I would like to know if you have some valuable information about hotels I should avoid or never-come-back airlines.

Any information about Bangkok, what to do, what to avoid - any suggestion on where to start when looking for job and sightseeing - please don´t hesitate and write it here or in a PM directly to me.

I would love to fly either May 30th , May 31st or June 1st and travel from Hamburg, Germany, as it is the closest to my home town.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Bjørn Kristensen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,382 Posts

Re: Flight + hotel booking websites. Any suggestions?

Generally the only job open to foreigners is teaching English-and they prefer native speakers-and they need a TEFL certificate and a University degree. see Ajarn.com
    All other jobs are for Thais only-and anyway you would need to speak Thai to do anything else probably!
    Probably easier to book the flight only-cheapest flights are the longest ones with a stop over part of the way at the airline's home airport usually- and look at travel guides and on line for hotel recommendations and find one when you get there-it is currently low season so there should be plenty.
    You could try searching this site for hotel info also

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Flight + hotel booking websites. Any suggestions?

I would be surprised if a package holiday Flight/Accommodation would be cheaper than booking the two separate. Like Khun Don suggested ... The best flight deals usually involve a stopover .. But have a scout around ... Although not sure how many flight options you get from Denmark. On the hotel front .. Maybe agoda ...
    Only a thought ... But as you want a room for a month ... Check out some hotels that take your fancy .. Then contact them direct ... You may be able to get a good deal for a longer stay.

Thread Information