Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House prices

Thanks

House prices

Hi Guys,
    I am shortly moving to Thailand and I am trying to find the average cost of either a 2 bed apartment or house. around Chiang Mai.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: House prices

Hard to tell, as it can differ so much regarding where it is located exactly, also when it was build etc.

Probably can be something starting from 1 Million Baht up to 5 Million Baht and more.

Best thing would be to llok there if you get there and search something which fits exactly your needs.

I think if you Google you might find Objects and even Websites advertising something.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Thanks

Can foreigner own the property, or can be negotiate to leasing?
    I've culculated aproximately Thai Baht and USD 1.000.000 equal 33333.333333 US$(30B/$).
    Last edited by Mahindrasarath; 11-05-12 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 905 Posts

Depends what the property is.

David

6. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (11-05-12)

Thanks

I've got a house in thailand and it's ownership is under a company which i own 49% and the rest 51% is spread among 7 thai's, So thats one way of owning as such!
    But there is many ways of doing it,Leasing the land is another but none of them are really safe it's all about land and thats the one they don't want you to own, condo's you own but you don't own the land it's on! I own my home but not the land it sits on, the company own's that!!!!

Thanks

Hi I just want to rent a house or flat near Phuket, can anyone give me decent agencies?

Thanks

I'd say just search online try this http://www.phuket.net/property/ or http://phuket4rent.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deland View Post
    I've got a house in thailand and it's ownership is under a company which i own 49% and the rest 51% is spread among 7 thai's, So thats one way of owning as such!
    But there is many ways of doing it,Leasing the land is another but none of them are really safe it's all about land and thats the one they don't want you to own, condo's you own but you don't own the land it's on! I own my home but not the land it sits on, the company own's that!!!!
    Man, you are game! I wouldn't be game enough to own land in Thailand in any form. I'd be afraid that the government could turn around and take all land "owned" by foreigners in these types of setups at the drop of a hat, depending on the way the political wind blows.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:

Betti (21-11-12)

Thanks

Well if you live in thailand and ya renting look at how much money you'd be paying in rent over many years? all dead money! I've had the house now for 7yrs so if you compare it to renting then it's paid for itself, i only paid £20.000 which was at the time 1.4m as the rate was 75bht so over the last 7 yrs has work out so far 16000bht amonth if renting so so far same same!! but aleast all the gear inside is mine and not what you might hv to put up with when renting, i doult thailand would take everyones land they aint that stupid, later on i'll put it in the wifes name when we end up living there permanently.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deland For This Useful Post:

fileeep (01-12-12)

Thread Information