Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: House prices

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    House prices

    Hi Guys,
    I am shortly moving to Thailand and I am trying to find the average cost of either a 2 bed apartment or house. around Chiang Mai.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin / GERMANY
    Posts
    3,989
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 680 Times in 427 Posts

    Re: House prices

    Hard to tell, as it can differ so much regarding where it is located exactly, also when it was build etc.

    Probably can be something starting from 1 Million Baht up to 5 Million Baht and more.

    Best thing would be to llok there if you get there and search something which fits exactly your needs.

    I think if you Google you might find Objects and even Websites advertising something.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gillingham,kent, England
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 51 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: House prices


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phnom Penh Siem Reap.
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 226 Times in 167 Posts

    Re: House prices

    Can foreigner own the property, or can be negotiate to leasing?
    I've culculated aproximately Thai Baht and USD 1.000.000 equal 33333.333333 US$(30B/$).
    Last edited by Mahindrasarath; 11-05-12 at 07:58 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    เวลส์
    Posts
    8,114
    Thanks
    1,115
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 905 Posts

    Re: House prices

    Depends what the property is.

    David

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

    Mahindrasarath (11-05-12)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gillingham,kent, England
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 51 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: House prices

    I've got a house in thailand and it's ownership is under a company which i own 49% and the rest 51% is spread among 7 thai's, So thats one way of owning as such!
    But there is many ways of doing it,Leasing the land is another but none of them are really safe it's all about land and thats the one they don't want you to own, condo's you own but you don't own the land it's on! I own my home but not the land it sits on, the company own's that!!!!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: House prices

    Hi I just want to rent a house or flat near Phuket, can anyone give me decent agencies?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gillingham,kent, England
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 51 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: House prices

    I'd say just search online try this http://www.phuket.net/property/ or http://phuket4rent.com/

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 83 Times in 47 Posts

    Re: House prices

    Quote Originally Posted by deland View Post
    I've got a house in thailand and it's ownership is under a company which i own 49% and the rest 51% is spread among 7 thai's, So thats one way of owning as such!
    But there is many ways of doing it,Leasing the land is another but none of them are really safe it's all about land and thats the one they don't want you to own, condo's you own but you don't own the land it's on! I own my home but not the land it sits on, the company own's that!!!!
    Man, you are game! I wouldn't be game enough to own land in Thailand in any form. I'd be afraid that the government could turn around and take all land "owned" by foreigners in these types of setups at the drop of a hat, depending on the way the political wind blows.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:

    Betti (21-11-12)

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gillingham,kent, England
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 51 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: House prices

    Well if you live in thailand and ya renting look at how much money you'd be paying in rent over many years? all dead money! I've had the house now for 7yrs so if you compare it to renting then it's paid for itself, i only paid £20.000 which was at the time 1.4m as the rate was 75bht so over the last 7 yrs has work out so far 16000bht amonth if renting so so far same same!! but aleast all the gear inside is mine and not what you might hv to put up with when renting, i doult thailand would take everyones land they aint that stupid, later on i'll put it in the wifes name when we end up living there permanently.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to deland For This Useful Post:

    fileeep (01-12-12)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •