Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 921 Posts

Pan Fried Chive Cakes ~ Thai street food

I subscribe to an email from www.shesimmers.com which quite often has interesting recipes. From what I understand, the author's mother was from Thailand, and she shares her mom's recipes.

I don't remember ever having chive cakes, but since I like chives (especially garlic chives) and have them growing in abundance, this recipe of course interests me. I hope some of you will like it, too.

There are also lots of other yummy looking recipes on this site.

http://www.shesimmers.com/2012/05/pa...Simmers+...%29

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

fileeep (22-05-12), yy (22-05-12)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Re: Pan Fried Chive Cakes ~ Thai street food

Susana, have you tried her Zucchini Fried "Fish" Cakes? They look like a really yummy dish and I love zucchinis anyway ^^
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 921 Posts

Re: Pan Fried Chive Cakes ~ Thai street food

Thanks for pointing that out, YY, as I had not yet seen the recipe. It looks just like the little cakes I had on the street in Bangkok which I loved so well. (I was so trusting back then I never asked what they were made of!) I like zucchini too, as it's so very versatile. In another few weeks I'm sure to be eating it in all forms possible, as well as freezing some for winter.

By the way, her "Easy Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe: How to Make My Mom's Thai Satay Sauce" is the the best! After literally years of trying different recipes and experimenting on my own, this was the first recipe which took me back to those Bangkok Saturdays when a man would come by the house with a charcoal stove on one end of his pole and satay fixins on the other end and grill up a scrumptious Saturday lunch, Thai style. The recipe makes quite a lot, but freezes well for later times.

Glad you're enjoying her blog.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

yy (24-05-12)

Thread Information