PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Singaporeans with an interest in Thai
Page 1 of 129 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks

talking Singaporeans with an interest in Thai

Hi, just starting a thread to congregate all singaporeans who have an interest in Thai culture or language... hope to get as many response so that we can learn from each other...

Thought I can start by introducing myself...

Name: Derrick
    Age Group: 27
    Languages: english, chinese, malay, thai
    Interests: nature, clubbing, snooker, travel, all things thai

Comments: Hi, I'm planning to settle down in thailand maybe in a few years time so jus like to know more about thai culture and languge, hope we can all learn from each other..thx

Thanks
    hi~~ i'm girl from thailand
    haha~~ i'm interest any language and music

p.s i'm 16 herher~~

Thanks

talking

HI, I'm Avery. From Singapore. 22 f here.. Stays in the west.
    Likes to club, pool and pubbing.. Is currently learning thai language.. Takes a lot of patience and a good memory is
    essential. But sad thing is, there's nobody in Singapore
    to practise speaking thai with me...

Thanks
    SaWadee Karp thai_girl, korp khun mark for supporting my thread although u aren't khun Singapore......nevertheless hope to see u around, love your music though

And hi Avery, nice to know u... Stays in the east, been self learning thai through phrase book, cds, etc. Would have hope to go for a thai language course but miss the august window..Personally find this forum very useful...I'm in the same predicament as u, sadly for learning a language, the fastest way to learn is to hear, speak and use it as often as possible so it stays in there... sigh

Thanks
    Hi guys,

26/m here. Just came back from Thailand, been working there for the past 8 months. Really grown to love the culture and the language while i was there. And like u, Koon Genesis, there is a very high chance of me moving to Thailand.
    would like to know more friends with common interest in the country and its language.
    =)

Thanks
    Name: Quek
    Age Group: 18
    Languages: English, Chinese, Malay and a bit of Thai
    Interests: Collecting stamps, watching tv, internet, soccer, travel, all things Thai

Comments: Can contact me, we will help each other in learning Thai
    Life is short, cherish all you have and live everyday of your life the best you can. :)

Thanks
    Hi derrick!
    Khop khun maak for starting this thread dude! As with many of the dudes and dudettes here, i share the same predicament.. No one in singapore seems to speak the language! hahaha! until I found your thread! Grins!

before i continue, heres my intro:
    Name: Shanna
    Age Group: 26
    Languages: english, chinese, now learning to read and write and speak thai
    Interests: going to the beach, listening to thai songs, bossanova, cafe del mar stuffs, wakeboarding if I'm really free and can find khahis, travel, hahah! and all things thai too! LOL!

One day, i will wanna stay there for good, probably say in 5yrs time...

I'm now staying near Tanah Merah, living pretty much like a semi-slacker cos I've been only allocated to work 9days this month.

hey all, aa tit naa wan tii sip haa gor sip hok ja pai krungthaep. Want anything?
    Oh, 30th Nov and 1dec also. nearly forgotten. hahaha!

Most likely on the 15th, I'll be at Suan Lum touching up my tattoo, so you guys can also prepare a shopping list from there or MBK or Siam Square.

Anything just contact me la.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Genesis, thanks for starting the thread. It's also really heart-warming to see all the sincere replies that followed.

I am in the sam predicament as many of you too. Currently, I am trying to learn the language without attending classes. I know that can be quite challenging. Do drop me a note if you think we can get together and accelerate our learning through sharing and speaking the language. I am sure it will help a great deal.

A liitle about myself...

Name: Dave
    Crib: East
    Age group: 26
    Email: daveteo78@yahoo.com (dun bother hitting the email button)

Thanks
    All the guys here are in love wit GL WLs

Thanks
    I'm glad to see some responses, in fact it's better than what I've anticipated.... I've noticed that from the response that u guys have given me, most of u agree on the idea of learning from each other but I realise that there's a problem, we cannot learn from each other without a proper mode of contact...like email, contact no..or this forum, etc ,any suggestion will be welcomed as not all people will agree on leaving their contact no. that easily on an open forum...:: Thanks again..

Thread Information