Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Can this be a marriage scam?

Nothing new to report. Maybe she is legitimate. She hasn't mentioned anything about her money or her aunt stealing it from her. He seems happy. Do these Thai ladies take their time? Set things up? He hasn't added her to any accounts yet. But then he doesn't talk to me much anymore. Like he dropped off the face of the earth.....and no he has no idea I wrote this.

Thanks

Many of the "scam" ladies take plenty of time. They are always busy managing the different "accounts".

Thanks

Hi

Of course he seems happy. He is like a little boy in a candy shop. He is so blinded by lust
    and his perceived luck to land such a beatiful woman at his age. he will never listen to reason or logic. I am sure he is throwing money at her buying her gold and jewerly and sending money to her home and family. In a few yrs or sooner when she is bored with him
    or he runs out of money or stops buying her things she will leave

And then he will blame her and call all Thai women gold digging tramps
    When it was all his fault for being an old fool.

And sadly there is nothing you can do. It is like a drug addiction and he has to hit rock bottom before he see's the truth

4. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Zakk (03-12-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    In a few yrs or sooner when she is bored with him or he runs out of money or stops buying her things she will leave
    Or worse

Thanks

I am beginning to see the first crack in the relationship. Her family has apparently "disowned" her for reasons I am not sure which makes my uncle her sole family. I think she is making him feel sorry for her so he will do anything for her. Also, apparently, the people who were renting her apartment in Thailand "walked away" from the place and it sits empty. She says she needs to return to Thailand to fix it. But if she goes, she would not be able to return to the US since her case is pending in immigration. Their interview is in February and I don't see why it can't wait until then but I think she is tiring of my uncle and simple lifestyle he provides. He is not poor but I don't think he lives up to the standard this girl is used to. He doesn't talk to us much anymore and when he does it is all sunshine and rainbows. I have a feeling he is going to be hurt and very badly.

Thanks

Hi

sorry to hear sounds like she is getting tired fast or has found a bigger fish "sucker"
    she is trying to catch.

all you can do is Be there for your Uncle when he hits bottom to help repair the emotional damage
    keep the lines open for communcation don't be judgemental or I told you so.
    when this relaionship ends then you can get your uncle back.

Good Luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

PeaBrain (26-11-12)

Thanks

Take all, ALL money out of the situation and see what is left. Definitely the best money spent here is on some professional legal assistance.

...and people just cant understand why I am still single, gasp!

Thanks

I am so sorry to keep bothering you all but I have no where else to go to ask people who know what to do. Last night I talked to my uncle - finally - and he said his wife (she is still in Thailand) is distraught and suicidal. She is still sticking to her claims that she has no family or friends in Thailand to turn to for help. This morning I heard that she called my uncle and told him she did indeed try to commit suicide and is now in the hospital. He is of course distraught. This just all sounds so typical. Stranded wife in another country, no family, no financial support...I just know she is going to ask for money now for "medical bills". Since immigration is still pending on their marriage, is there anyway I can alert them to what I think is a scam? I hate to do that to my uncle but at this point I think he still thinks she really loves him. He can't step back and see it for what it really is...a scam!

Thanks

Hopefully, US Immigration will sort it out. It reads like a classic. That said, it sounds like she will be able to milk him from abroad.

As I suggested before, have him move here, so that the love birds can live happily ever after.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

PeaBrain (26-11-12)

Thanks

I have to agree with Curt. As I suggested, cut off all money. Thai know how to survive on amazingly very little. A truly good woman will endure hardships. Please, please talk with your uncle (any man with the virtue of generosity can do far better than a thing, I will not honor this one with a "person" status) with an obvious criminal objective. How about this for a solution. Tell her to get a job!

Thread Information