Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Can this be a marriage scam?

Thai nicknames don't mean anything; thais change 'em at a whim and most all are single syllable words, so nope Pim doesn't ring a bell.
    Many Thais change their "real" name at whim. All it takes is a couple hours at the district office.

Thanks

First off, let me thank all of you for your wonderful advice. I have kept the communication open with my uncle instead of hounding him about this being a possible scam. It has worked wonderfully and I talk to him almost every day. Of course she is still in Thailand so once she returns, communication will be spotty. But at least he is talking to us now. It all still seems very strange to me. She "suddenly" found out she is adopted (she is 42) and wants to find her birth family. Her mom was a Mayor of a town. She keeps promising my uncle that once she returns to the US she is going to by him a super expensive car and sends him pictures of what she wants to buy him. He thinks she has a lot of money. Yesterday she went back into the hospital but wouldn't tell him what one and when he asked for a friends name so he can be updated she wouldn't tell him. This morning he told me her heart had stopped and she was in ICU. He now has the name of the hospital. I have her first name now - Vilavan . This just seems all to strange. Why can't he see this? In his eyes she is a saint. He will never leave her now because she is too "fragile".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to margaret23 For This Useful Post:

xfiles20001999 (15-01-14)

Thanks

I have her full name now. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Dear Margaret23 --- even if we know her first name it is difficult to find her family name ka --- if he knows which hospital she was admitted he may ask someone to find out whether there is a patient named Vilavan. However -- take it easy -- don't want him to be disappointed ka.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 975 Posts

Have you checked social media sites?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by margaret23 View Post
    I have her full name now. Can someone help me?
    Sorry to say but unless you have there full name off there id card or passport, its nearly impossible to get any information on anyone, even then, most Thai people i've known for years, the name i no them under has no relation to what it says on there official papers? The old nick name thing is not really true, as most people this is the name they are known under since birth!!!! crazy to us farang but normal in Thailand.

Some times a short version of the full name but many times no connection at all, plus normally written in Thai, so sorry to say but your chances from abroad getting information on someone without this information is nil, but if name and id number then plenty of people willing to help you get details, just gonna cost some money.

Thanks

She is full of dramas. BTW where is she in California now?

Thanks

Well, they have been married for over a year now. Still a lot of lies and drama from her but he is stedfast in his devotion to her. So very sad. We barely hear from him now.

Thanks

Hi

No fool like an old fool.

hopefully you and family will be there when it all falls to pieces and he realize's what happened.
    if he ever does.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

margaret23 (14-01-14)

Thanks

Its a SCAM . a million times sure .

The suicide scam is all bull :( . Been there and seen it all . Just ask your uncle to pull out while he still has his pants on ..

Thread Information